Assistant Financial Analyst
|Job Title:||Assistant Financial Analyst|
|Salary:||30000 - 35000|
|Reference:||Golar - 001|
|Contact Name:||Craig Morrison|
|Job Published:||October 31, 2018 10:28|
Golar Management Limited
Job Title: Assistant Financial Analyst
About the Company
We are one of the world’s largest independent owners and operators of marine-based LNG midstream infrastructure – active in the liquefaction, transportation and regasification of natural gas. These are exciting times for Golar with a strategy to expand our footprint across the LNG value chain. We are leaders in emerging FLNG technology, having recently completed the world’s first FLNG vessel conversion, the Hilli Episeyo, which commenced operations in Cameroon in June 2018. We are also expanding into power generation and usage of LNG through our Golar Power Joint Venture, through which we are currently constructing a 1.5GW natural gas fired power plant in Sergipe, Brazil with local partners.
About the Team
Golar’s London office hosts our Group Finance, Tax, Risk Assurance and Treasury functions, which have expanded in headcount and remit over the last two years to respond to the growth and needs of new projects and business opportunities of our two US listed businesses of Golar LNG Limited (NASDAQ: GLNG) and Golar LNG Partners LP (NASDAQ: GMLP).
There are opportunities for growth and career development across all our teams, and will include relevant study support, mentorship and team building opportunities that will provide valuable practical and business skills. We are a hardworking and young team who engage with senior stakeholders regularly.
About the Role
We are looking for part qualified accountants with experience of working within a large accounting professional organization (e.g. Deloitte, PwC, KPMG, EY, Grant Thornton, etc), who want to experience the range of core activities undertaken in industry whilst completing their studies. To provide the most opportunities for development and to give a rounded experience of working in Finance at Golar, the new roles will have exposure across the Financial Reporting, Risk Assurance, Tax and Treasury functions. As a result, you can expect to be exposed to a variety of experiences across the functions and have the opportunity to develop important business and interpersonal skills through an exciting and dynamic role.
These roles are designed to provide a wealth of hands-on experience, and therefore you would be involved in a variety of different tasks and the preparation of key deliverables across these departments. The primary responsibilities anticipated in each team includes:
· Assistance with the quarterly close process, including all accounting adjustments required to close the books.
· Assistance with completion of quarterly group reporting.
· Assistance with completion and filing of UK statutory accounts.
· Coordination of quarterly Financial Statement and SOX audits.
· Liaising with external and internal audit teams, where required.
· Assistance in preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements.
· Provide support to SOX, Internal Audit and Risk functions.
· Suggest practical solutions to improve the control environment.
· Assessment and testing of controls, through both our SOX programme and Internal Audit.
· Assist in maintaining relevant SOX narratives and risk and control matrices.
· Be involved in risk workshops and maintaining risk registers across the business.
Treasury and Tax
· Exposure to cash flow forecasting, payment processing and liquidity management.
· Assistance with quarterly treasury reporting.
· Assistance with operational cash management and bank reconciliations.
· Liaising with external and internal audit teams where required.
· Assistance with process improvements within the treasury function.
· Preparation and assistance with tax compliance and reporting related matters.
What you can expect
· Generous salary and company benefits package.
· Sponsorship to complete studies with ACA or equivalent, through which we will pay for exam fees, online tuition costs and provide you with additional study leave.
· Opportunities to learn and develop across all our finance functions.
· Fantastic working environment and office location.
· Potential travel opportunities (we have offices in London, Oslo, KL, Split and Rio).
· Discounted gym membership.
We are looking for someone who is:
· Part qualified and working towards a professional qualification (ACA or equivalent).
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Enthusiastic, flexible and highly committed.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Agile and can adapt to evolving business needs.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Apprenticeship - Pensions Audit
Trainee Accountant - Agriculture Work Placement 2020
Trainee Accountant - Business Services Work Placement 2020
AAT / ACA / ACCA Trainee Accountant
Advisory Graduate - Business Restructuring
Competitive + benefits