18 days ago
Kreston Reeves LLP
Association of Taxation Technicians (‘ATT’) Trainee
We are currently recruiting for ATT Trainees to join Kreston Reeves in London.
Kreston Reeves advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals and families on all areas of business, tax and wealth. We help clients make confident decisions about their future.
With offices across London , Kent and Sussex and international reach via Kreston International, we are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all our clients wherever their ambition takes them.
We provide a full range of accountancy, tax, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
We are looking for a trusted and valid member of staff to join the current team.
Firm Culture and Benefits
Having started out over 100 years ago, we are long-standing employers across our office communities in Kent, Sussex, London - and beyond. We’re really proud of the reputation we’ve built and we’re grateful to our people for making it stronger every day. Our strong commitment to living our firm’s values means we listen carefully to our teams and enjoy helping each other succeed – creating a culture in which our employees can thrive and provide the highest service to our clients.
We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer benefits such as agile working, and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
We are also proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Our own Kreston Reeves Charity Foundation enables us to consistently ‘give back’ to our local communities wherever we can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. We give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits we offer our employees include up to 5% pension contribution and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory private health plan, Death in Service and Income Protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance - and much more.
We are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment our employees enjoy.
You will study to become a member of the Association of Taxation Technicians. Training is undertaken with a leading provider. You will be given periods of block release to attend courses with exams being spread over your study period. Our student training programme ensures that trainees are kept up to date with current processes and technical knowledge. We support them with regular reviews and feedback to help assist them in achieving their maximum potential.
After qualification as a member of the Association of Taxation Technicians there may be the opportunity to continue your studies to become a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and become a Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA).
The objectives of the role
To become ATT qualified over your study period.
- Behave in accordance with the firm’s cultures and values
- Be prepared to study in your own time to make sure you get the most from your studies and achieve exam success
- Attend tuition and revision courses with a leading training provider, as well as attend internal student courses
- Receive on the job training, career coaching with regular reviews and mentoring
- At certain times of the year, be prepared for extra work to meet deadlines
You will work on a range of clients and the key aspects of the role will include:
- Assisting managing a portfolio of clients’ tax compliance obligations including meeting statutory filing deadlines
- Working as part of a team preparing Tax Returns for clients and submission to HMRC
- Advising clients of their tax liabilities
- Undertaking tax technical research
- Providing advice to clients on how to effectively manage their tax liabilities and tax planning opportunities
Personal Skills and Requirements
- Enthusiasm and an interest in business and accountancy
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability and desire to learn and develop, and adapt to change
- Knowledge of the firm
- GCSE’s Maths and English Grade C or above
- ‘Good’ A levels, OR
Please advise us why we should consider your application.
- GCSE’s Maths and English Grade C or above
- 2:1, OR
- 2:2 with ‘good’ A levels, OR