£Competitive package with excellent benefits and study support
25 days ago
Sopher + Co
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our teams of accountants, tax advisers and business advisers pride themselves on our entrepreneurial approach to our clients’ personal and business affairs based on trust and expert advice. This, combined with the personalised service and tailored approach our clients receive, means that long-lasting working relationships can continue to be formed.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience. We take individual approach to our talent and work together to reach mutual goals, whilst building a truly diverse, equal, proud and happy workplace. Our engaged and committed teams of professionals will assist you with achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understand and full support.
We are looking for an Audit Junior to join our growing Audit and Accounts team in our Borehamwood office. The role will involve providing accurate auditing and assurance services to a diverse range of clients, as directed by Manager, within budget and in accordance with firm procedures. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with accounts preparation for Limited companies, Sole traders and Partnerships
- Assisting on Audit assignments
- Assist with client queries
- Ad-hoc duties as and when is required by Manager
As your role develops, we’ll offer you scope to work in other areas, depending upon your progress. We’ll also offer you the opportunity of future progression and development, including full study support towards your qualification.
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
You will also have/be:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ideally hold a relevant degree in accountancy, economics or similar subject
- Accurate keyboard skills, both written and numerical
- Competent using Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to prioritise work
- Excellent work ethics and eagerness to learn
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people at different levels
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Have an organised approach to your work and ideally have experience in working to strict deadlines
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility, trust and mutual respect.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.