Audit and Accounts Semi Senior (Part Qualified)
|Job Title:||Audit and Accounts Semi Senior (Part Qualified)|
|Job Published:||March 30, 2021 10:45|
We are currently looking for a Part Qualified Audit and Accounts Semi Senior in the Charities and Not for Profit team.
This is a key position based out of the Heathrow office and forms part of the wider Audit & Assurance service we offer our clients.
The purpose of this role is to work as part of the NFP team ensuring that audit and Independent Examinations planning, fieldwork and completion is performed to a sufficient standard, ultimately resulting in the ability for Menzies to sign audit or IE reports.
Work as part of the NFP team, being responsible for ensuring accounts are prepared under UK GAAP and Charities SORP for review by NFP managers and RI.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, execution and completion of audits, reporting to seniors but also directly to managers for lower risk audits/IEs
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required
- Communicating and building relationships with clients and related third parties
- Leading on-site teams for lower risk audits and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget
- Starting to become aware of business development, including promoting the firm and its services to the existing client base and prospects
- Development and supervision of junior trainees
- Travel between Heathrow office and client premises
- Occasional audit assignments where a hotel stay is required
- Studying towards becoming an ACA / ACCA / CA qualified accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Some experience in Audit and Assurance within an accountancy practice
- Knowledge/experience of charities reporting and auditing desirable but not essential
- Experience of working within a team on external audit assignments from planning to fieldwork and completion stages under International Standards on Auditing
- Experience of preparing accounts in accordance with UK GAAP
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with senior staff and clients
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite – Intermediate/Advanced user of Word and Excel
- Motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across
- Sound knowledge of accounting and auditing concepts and aware of own limitations and when to ask for assistance
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Top 20 Audit & Accounts Semi Senior – 50 / 50 split
25000 - 32000 + ACA Study + Benefits
Top 20 Audit Semi Senior
25000 - 32000 + Study + Benfits
ACA Audit and Accounts Apprenticeship
Top 10 Audit Semi Senior – Financial Services Clients
25000 - 30000 + ACA Study Support
Top 10 Audit Semi Senior – Part Qualified ACA
25000 - 30000