Audit & Accounts Senior – part qualified
|Job Title:||Audit & Accounts Senior – part qualified|
|Salary:||25000 - 33000|
|Contact Name:||Robert George Smith|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2021 09:13|
We are currently looking to recruit for a part-qualified ACA senior/semi-senior to come on board and complete their ACA qualification with us.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Preparation of accounts (annual and management) for companies, charities, partnerships, sole traders and all other entities. This will be achieved using one, or a combination of different computerised packages including Caseware, Sage, Xero and Excel to name a few. This will also involve producing relevant working papers, completing work programmes and producing accounts in the necessary statutory format containing all required disclosures (for annual assignments only).
- Working as a member of audit teams and performing audit work in accordance with instructions given by more senior staff. This will also involve specialist audit assignments, which require different approaches to standard audit assignments.
- Ensuring files are in order for review by Managers/Partners. Preparing a list of points that need to be brought to the attention of Managers/Partners or referred to the client.
- Drafting tax computations and company tax returns.
- Preparing management accounts and other information as required by the client e.g. variance analysis, cash flow forecasts.
- Assisting with the completion of client VAT returns as required.
- Providing ad hoc advice and assistance to clients.
- This role does involve travelling to clients. Any additional time spent travelling over and above your normal travel time to the office can be charged to the client.
Suitable candidates must meet ALL of the following criteria:
The successful candidate will be looking for diversity in their work and their client portfolio. They will work closely with the managers/partners developing client relationships.
- Need to be part-qualified ACA or working towards completion of ACA professional level with a good exam track record.
- Need to have a broad experience of the following areas on a wide variety of clients: -
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, Plc’s, LLP’s and Charities, with knowledge of CaseWare Accounts production and working papers
- Management accounting and book-keeping, principally using Xero, Sage and Excel.
- Corporate tax
- Knowledge of personal tax issues
- Capital gains tax
- VAT, including preparation of VAT returns
- PAYE & other employment related issues
- Audit of limited companies, UK based groups, groups with International interests
- Specialist audit assignments i.e. Charities, Pensions, FCA regulated businesses
- Documentation of systems and testing of such systems
- Planning and completion of audits
- Experience of working in teams on audit and accounts assignments, in the role as a senior.
- It is essential that the successful candidate will be experienced in Microsoft office tools. It would also be a benefit if they were experienced in CaseWare Accounts software and Mercia audit/accounts working papers, as well as cloud bookkeeping software such as Xero, QuickBooks & Sage.
- Hold a valid driving licence and have access to a car.
- Be able to freely work in this country without having a restricted/time barred work permit.
- HOURS: Flexi-time office arrangements based on 35-hour week; four weeks holiday, plus 8 statutory bank holidays and 2 additional customary holidays
- PAY: Between £25,000 - £33,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience, plus 8% pension contribution regardless of personal contribution and other benefits
- TRAINING: Training will be given both internally and externally as necessary on relevant courses
- ACA courses are offered on a day release basis and with paid study leave for all first attempt courses
Closing date Friday 28th May 2021
If your application is successful you will be contacted for a telephone interview initially and then if you reach the next stage you will be invited to join us for a virtual interview with one of our partners at a later date (to be arranged).
If you are interested in the above vacancy and meet ALL of the criteria then please email your CV and a covering letter/email (explaining why you are interested in and why you feel you are suitable for this vacancy) to Robert Smith at email@example.com.
We must stress we will not consider any applications where they do not meet all of the above criteria and who do not provide a detailed cover letter/email as requested.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit & Accounts Semi Senior – Creative, Media & Entertainment
North West London
26000 - 35000 + ACA Study + Benefits
Audit and Accounts Semi Senior
27000 - 33000
Part Qualified Accountant
Part Qualified Accountants Role
Part Qualified Accountants Role