4 months ago
Mazars Mauritius is an international, integrated and independent firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. We assist major international groups, entrepreneurial and small businesses, private investors and public bodies at every stage of their development.
In a competitive profession like auditing, we’re ever aware that price is a major factor. But we also believe your audit should be more than just about placing ticks in boxes to satisfy regulators. We undertake to add value to your audit wherever we can. It’s an approach we’ve employed for decades which evolved from our ‘attention to detail’ credo. It enables us to help protect our clients’ interests while remaining ethically independent in an increasingly more regulated environment.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- To prepare samples of transactions to be vouched and traced for each cycle
- To provide guidance to associates on audit schedules to be prepared and audit tests to be performed
- During fieldwork to review the work of the associates
- To review the audit cycles completed by associates
- To provide Audit Senior with feedback of staff assessments under supervision
- To prepare and update checklists for all audit request letters sent prior to commencement of the audit assignment and confirmations received thereafter
- To verify amounts and other information included in audit confirmations to audit work papers and inform Audit Senior on any discrepancies noted
- To inform Audit Senior of any issues or observations gained during the audit field work and on any audit cycles.
- To be involved on basic reference work
- Others as mentioned below;
a) Assist Audit Senior in follow up of time table agreed with clients;
b) Assist Audit Senior in the preparation of analytical reviews from Trial balance and other information received from the clients prior to the planning meeting for discussions on any significant variances and design of suitable audit procedures;
c) To be fully prepared for discussion with Audit Senior on impact of standards (accounting and audit) effective for annual periods as applicable having impact in the financial statements and update IFRS checklist for each audit cycle;
d) Any other work related matters.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Auditing
- Experience in supervising and coaching junior members of staff
- Degree in Accounting Business or Finance
- Partly or Fully ACCA qualified
- Good interpersonal skills
- Execellent analytical and review skills
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.