|Job Title:||Audit Apprentice|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Contact Name:||Ourvashi Sonesing|
|Job Published:||October 30, 2019 10:53|
Mazars Mauritius is an international, integrated and independent firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. We assist major international groups, entrepreneurial and small businesses, private investors and public bodies at every stage of their development.
In a competitive profession like auditing, we’re ever aware that price is a major factor. But we also believe your audit should be more than just about placing ticks in boxes to satisfy regulators. We undertake to add value to your audit wherever we can. It’s an approach we’ve employed for decades which evolved from our ‘attention to detail’ credo. It enables us to help protect our clients’ interests while remaining ethically independent in an increasingly more regulated environment.
- To document sufficient appropriate audit evidence to support the audit opinion under guidance/supervision of a supervisor, manager and/or partner, in accordance with Audit Methodology and the International Standards on Auditing (ISA’s) and prepare related reports for clients.
- Produce client reports (AFS, Minutes, Certificates, Management letter etc).
- Finalisation / Proposed audit opinion in accordance with Audit Methodology and ISA’s
- Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence
- Risk based audit approach (over & under auditing minimized)
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to your Senior or Manager.
- Carry out ad hoc assignments, as and when be required.
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's