Audit Apprenticeship - International Institutions & Donor Assurance
|Job Title:||Audit Apprenticeship - International Institutions & Donor Assurance|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 11:10|
International Institutions and Donor Assurance (IIDA) is wholly dedicated to the provision of financial management solutions to international institutions, particularly those involved in grant-making and the implementation of grant-funded programmes in the public sector.
We carry out financial audits, systems audits, expenditure reviews, grant reviews and various other assurance and advisory work for our international public sector clients, which include the EC, the UN, GIZ, the World Bank, the Global Fund and major grant giving foundations. Our vision is to be the global leader in the provision of assurance and advisory services to these organisations.
IIDA is based in London and has approximately 100 staff and ten partners, with many more staff and contractors based around the world. IIDA has grown rapidly in recent years and our team has built up an unrivalled pool of knowledge and experience in the international public sector. We are now expanding to offer our services to international institutions more generally.
Our future is full of opportunities and interesting challenges. We are always on the look-out for passionate, motivated and talented individuals to join our team!
To provide high quality audit and assurance services to international institutions and other donor clients in respect of their project activities and, on occasions, to take part in other ad hoc assignments, whilst studying towards the CFAB qualification with onward progression to the ACA qualification via a Level 7 apprenticeship.
Business Area Overview
- Undertake audit fieldwork reporting to a Senior or Manager, taking increasing responsibility with experience, which may include assignment planning, leading fieldwork, leading client meetings and drafting the assignment report;
- Be willing to be out of the office at client sites in any part of the world. These are mostly in Europe, but can be in locations in Asia, Africa or the Americas;
- Balance the commitments of studying for exams while travelling extensively;
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit, particularly in a donor funding context;
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers, completing sections of the audit file with assistance from more senior colleagues;
- Be aware of assignment deadlines and work with the team to meet them;
- Develop a knowledge of audit issues and techniques specific to the donor-funded aid environment.
- Develop a good understanding of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and other applicable technical frameworks, supported by regular training;
- Understand what constitutes an assignment finding and how it should be classified and written up in the assignment report;
- Achieve utilisation of at least 70% on an annual basis;
- Develop internal contacts and demonstrate an awareness of the other services offered by BDO LLP;
- Attend the firm’s technical training seminars and appropriate departmental seminars;
- Be aware of the firm’s risk management and practice assurance procedures and ensure compliance;
- Identify soft skills requirements in conjunction with your appraising manager/partner and communicate such requirements to the training department; and;
- Successfully study towards gaining the CFAB, with onward successful progression to the ACA via a Level 7 apprenticeship.
- Attained, or on course to attain, three A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects to include one A-Level in a second language;
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language and a second language;
- Competent using MS Office;
- Able to work to deadlines;
- Team worker;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus;
- Sound analytical skills;
- Diplomacy and cultural sensitivity necessary to work collaboratively with a hugely diverse range of clients and recipients;
- Resilience, adaptability and flexibility;
- A real interest in the international development sector;
- Willing to work in international locations. The amount of travel time is likely initially to be low (less than 25%) while study courses take place, but as studies progress, travel could increase to up to 50%; and
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
KPMG 2022 Audit Graduate Programmes
KPMG 2022 Technology Audit Graduate Programme
KPMG 2022 Audit Intensive Graduate Programme
KPMG 2022 Audit Empowered Graduate Programme