Audit Apprenticeship - West Midlands (Start date: Sept 2020)
|Job Title:||Audit Apprenticeship - West Midlands (Start date: Sept 2020)|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||16000 - 21000|
|Contact Name:||Orianne Wightman|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2020 16:25|
- Finished College or due to finish by Sept 2020?
- Are you curious? Inquisitive? Always asking questions wondering how things tick?
- Do you want to be working with a variety of clients?
- Keen to continue studying without the restrictions of University?
Brilliant! Keep an open mind and discover why Audit could be the perfect career path for you.
What you'll be up to
We will make sure that you have a solid introduction to the business – to set you up for success. You’ll then get stuck into some tangible client work learning the principles of Audit. As you progress you’ll begin taking charge of a small team supporting the next generation of trainees.
Day to day you can expect:
- Reviewing financial records to identify risks, improvements and ensure records show a “true and fair” financial view
- Working in small teams undertaking financial testing contributing your part to the wider set of accounts
- Studying for your ACA Chartered Accountant Qualification
- Supporting and coaching other trainees as you progress - going on to senior jobs in your final year
We’re also investing heavily in technology - automating processes where possible and obtaining information digitally. This allows our people to enjoy more office based and remote working.
We’ll make sure you’re challenged and supported every step of the way with your career development.
What we're looking for
You need great attention to detail, a passion for numbers and a knack for following processes within legislative guidelines. As the major part of our work is client based so you need to be comfortable approaching clients and asking questions.
We look for people who:
- Take ownership of their own development
- Like working to pace with an insatiable hunger to succeed
- Are curious to find the best way of doing things
- Can deliver a brilliant client experience
- Aren’t afraid of failure and can turn mistakes into learnings
- Act with integrity and authenticity leaving their ego at the door
- Want to stretch themselves and go above and beyond the norm
- Play all in to support the wider team
To help set people up for success we prefer students to have a minimum of 112 UCAS points, however – drive and ambition is just as important! As such we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
What you'll receive in return
Our people are the beating heart of what we do. That’s why we pull out all the stops to engage, develop and reward them. We expect high performance from our teams and in return we offer:
- Open holiday
- 7.00pm - 7.00am email curfew
- Study leave, body memberships and bonuses for first time exam passes
- Flexible working arrangements
- Tailored development programme
- Onsite gym classes / discounted gym pass
- Regular social events
- Volunteering opportunities
- Heartbeat wellbeing programme
- CP House tournaments
You’ll also get to work in our open-plan hot desk environment kitted out with: treadmill desks, sleep pods, break out zones, arcade and games room, pic-a-mix wall, Onsite Costa/Starbucks* and catering facilities.
- Check out our Trainee Video and make sure Audit is the right career path for you. Only you know what you enjoy and if this will spark the right passion.
- Make sure you’re applying to the correct level (School Leaver Apprenticeship / Undergrad Placement / Graduate or Part-qualified) If you’re unsure check the Trainee 2020 page again.
- Make an effort and stand out from the crowd! We receive hundreds of applications every year. Surprise us and tailor your application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
AAT Trainee under Apprenticeship Programme
Competitive plus training contract
18000 - 18000
Top 10 Audit Semi Senior – Part Qualified ACA
25000 - 30000
School leaver/ apprentice chartered accountant - accounts and audit team
Graduate trainee chartered accountant - accounts and audit team