9 days ago
Does this sound like you:
- Finished college or due to finish by Sept 2021? Are you curious?
- Inquisitive? Always asking questions wondering how things tick?
- Keen to continue studying without the restrictions of University?
- Want to get stuck into a professional role in one of the UK's best places to work (with the awards to prove it!)
- Want, something exciting with support and ongoing development…and to start earning a salary from day one?
If that’s a yes then you should check out our Audit Apprentice roles
We’re killing it...
We are one of the fastest-growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. In 2020 we were voted as the 8th Best Place to Work in the UK by the Sunday Times, along with a host of other awards as well…so what makes us so special?
Well, keep reading to find out….
What you'll be up to
We will make sure that you have a solid introduction to the business – to set you up for success. You’ll then get stuck into some tangible client work learning the principles of Audit. As you progress you’ll begin taking charge of a small team supporting the next generation of trainees.
Day to day you can expect:
- Reviewing financial records to identify risks, improvements and ensure records show a “true and fair” financial view
- Working in small teams undertaking financial testing contributing your part to the wider set of accounts
- Studying for your ACA Chartered Accountant Qualification
- Supporting and coaching other trainees as you progress - going on to senior jobs in your final year
We’re also investing heavily in technology - automating processes where possible and obtaining information digitally. This allows our people to enjoy more office-based and remote working.
We’ll make sure you’re challenged and supported every step of the way with your career development.
What we're looking for
You need great attention to detail, a passion for numbers, and a knack for following processes within legislative guidelines. As the major part of our work is client-based so you need to be comfortable approaching clients and asking questions.
We look for people who:
- Take ownership of their own development
- Like working to pace with an insatiable hunger to succeed
- Are curious to find the best way of doing things
- Can deliver a brilliant client experience
- Aren’t afraid of failure and can turn mistakes into learnings
- Act with integrity and authenticity leaving their ego at the door
- Want to stretch themselves and go above and beyond the norm
- Play all in to support the wider team
To help set people up for success we prefer students to have a minimum of 112 UCAS points, however – drive and ambition are just as important! As such we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
What's in it for you...
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We only do things if we believe we can be No.1.We start doing that by putting our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
- Competitive salaries aligned to Big firms
- Open holidays
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- No dress code - just “Wear something!”
- Incredible ongoing development and career growth
- A truly flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office, or with clients - “Work From Anywhere, Forever”
- Study Support /leave and Professional memberships
- Discounted gym memberships
- Cooper Parry Social/Sports Clubs
- Some of the most impressive offices in the UK
- Regular Social events
- Volunteering/ charity days
Are we a match?
Our values are at the heart of what we do at Cooper Parry and it’s really important we recruit like-minded individuals into our teams.
- Play all in – we are committed, engaged and driven
- In it together – we believe in all for one and one for all
- Be Nice – we are kind, humble and authentic
- Be Brave – we are bold, entrepreneurial and rebellious
- Keep Learning – we explore, discover and are curious
A little more about life at CP….
We are challenging grey...
We are challenging boring. We are challenging the status quo. Our people engagement scores are through the roof – our people are fully engaged in everything we do - from how we embrace technology and workplace design to how we create innovative and flexible working patterns that have a positive impact on the service our clients receive and on the lives of our people. Our culture is who we are and it genuinely shapes our strategy and the experience for our clients. The way in which we operate and the incredible environment we are building is hugely advantageous to those wanting to combine a career in practice with an unrivaled culture and personal growth opportunity.
We are building a truly modern workplace culture...
We’ve always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress (our only rule is ‘wear something’) to when you work (we have no ‘core hours’) and how often you holiday (we have open holidays). We have just introduced another game-changing element we call ‘Work From Anywhere. Forever’ (WFAF!). We now give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, and potentially from anywhere, giving our people the trust and accountability to deliver to the required standards.
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about. Then, work flexibly to design a life that’s right for you.
It’s different here. Read our culture book for yourself https://flipcarten.com/culture-book/mobile/index.html #makelifecount