15 days ago
Reporting to your superiors, this position involves working in both the Audit and Business Services Accounts team, with the provision of appropriate training to obtain the relevant professional experience and becoming a qualified accountant. The main purpose of the role is to perform independent statutory financial audits and the completion of accounts tasks as agreed at the planning stage of accounts preparation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with and on audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system
- Producing audit files for review
- Preparation of draft documentation
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of clients
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with basic client queries
- Assists with drafting or pre audit letter and updated engagement letters for dispatch to client well in advanced of audit commitment.
- Prepare accounts for a variety of small clients including sole traders, partnerships, LLP’s and Limited companies etc.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation, minutes to approve the accounts and all other relevant documentation to accompany accounts to client for signature.
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provides them with all the data which they have requested, along with a drafted tax comp. Subsequently posts tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received.
- To download information from Companies House and to take into account the impact of changes in share capital, shareholders, directors etc when preparing limited company accounts.
- Management accounts preparation
- To deal with clients in relation to requests for information to support accounting entries.
- To initiate return of records to clients.
- To look after associated departmental administration.
- To undertake and complete the AAT/ACA qualification
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Achieved A-C/9-4 grades (including Maths and English) at GCSE
- Achieved A-C grades at A Level or equivalent
- Graduates will be considered for the role
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to balance workload with the pressures of studying for a professional qualification
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK