|Job Title:||Audit Graduate|
|Contact Name:||Early in Career Team|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2018 10:42|
Working in Audit means much more than just analysing numbers, we really get to know our clients by building close relationships with key individuals there in order to help them and their investors to better understand their financial performance, business systems, culture and the risks they face and then to provide crucial advice to them in these areas.
Our structured programme will help you to develop your career in whichever direction it takes by supporting you to study for your professional qualifications whilst working in different industry sectors and locations in the UK and abroad. You will work as a part of a team, all of whom will be highly supportive, and there are plenty of opportunities to socialise together as well. Many people choose to specialise in an industry sector, perhaps even gaining a reputation as a leading expert in their field, or alternatively choose to become a generalist usually in one of our regional office, looking after clients across a range of sectors.
As a Trainee Auditor your Programme is a 3 year structured programme around working and studying. You will study towards an appropriate qualification, usually either the ACA (from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) or the CA (from ICAS) in Scotland.
An Audit Trainee will form part of the audit team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the audit are completed on time and within budget. You will be expected to study for and complete your accounting qualification over the 3 year period, and will be supported, developed and supervised by Senior Members of the Audit Group.
As a Trainee Auditor you will study towards an appropriate qualification, usually either the ACA (from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) or the CA (from ICAS) in Scotland. There may well be other qualifications you can obtain along the way. This is dependent on your business stream and may be subject to change.
Audit contains many different streams and, if successful, you could be working across some or all of our areas of specialism in the regional office(s).
We aim to accommodate your first or second preference for office location but this will depend on demand and business needs.
Business Area Overview
- You will assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given.
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from client’s books and records.
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions.
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the Senior or Manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Audit Manager.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to your Senior or Manager.
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group.
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group.
- Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office.
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities.
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who poses strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Digital Audit Graduate programme
Audit Graduate programme
Graduate audit and accounts trainee
Newcastle upon Tyne
Audit Graduate - London Audit Group - September
Graduate trainee chartered accountant - accounts and audit team