Audit Graduate - Risk & Advisory Services
|Job Title:||Audit Graduate - Risk & Advisory Services|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||October 29, 2018 17:23|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
A trainee in the Risk Advisory Services (RAS) department will primarily involve “hands on” project delivery, providing services to clients including Internal Audit work. You will work closely with, and support senior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of services.
Business Area Overview
- Apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of settings, and appropriately assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risk which affect activities. Demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately define those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective.
- Develop proficiency in applying audit principles, skills and techniques by performing audit tests of varying degrees of complexity.
- Execute a wide variety of audit tests/ procedures and accurately interpret results against defined criteria, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Consistently document relevant facts and information which support the work performed and conclusions drawn, so other reviewers can follow the auditor's logic in line with the BDO internal audit methodology.
- Effectively evaluate audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence.
- Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by completing assignments within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple tasks.
- Engage in professional development activities, including completion of a professional certification programme.
- Contribute to, and participate in the growth and development of our team i.e. marketing, networking and business development activities.
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects or 4 Scottish Highers A-B (or international equivalent).
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Graduate Programme 2019 - Audit - Information Risk Management
Audit Graduate - Technology Risk Assurance - 2019
Ecovis Wingrave Yeats Audit & Business Advisory - School Leaver & Graduate
Financial Services Audit Apprenticeship
KPMG Advisory Graduate scheme