Audit Graduate - Risk & Advisory Services - 2019
|Job Title:||Audit Graduate - Risk & Advisory Services - 2019|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||February 17, 2019 20:13|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
In an ever-changing economic landscape, new risks are never far away. Banking disasters, economic hard times and high profile corporate failures are just some examples of risks that can befall business, but there are plenty more that do not make the headlines.
We help organisations to identify, understand and respond to these increasingly complex risks, which can arise from many factors including globalisation, changing technologies and evolving regulation. As well as enabling our clients to meet all their governance, risk and compliance needs, we also help them to respond proactively to those risks and seize opportunities.
Our internal audit and controls services enable companies to test and improve their internal controls, resulting in a stronger and more confident business. Similarly, our risk management services don’t just help to avert disaster – they can also enhance business performance. We can also examine the governance of an organisation – how effectively it is being run – and benchmark the performance of its Board and Audit Committee against the best examples.
Many people enjoy the variety of work across different industries and sectors, where clients may range from a Premiership football club to an oil major.
Our internal audit approach is based on the framework that recognises our client’s different needs and expectations from their internal audit function and which is aligned to International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
As an Audit Trainee you will be part of the Risk and Advisory Services (RAS) team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of an audit / assurance assignment are completed on time and within budget.
The trainee will be expected to study for and complete an accounting or audit qualification over the 3 year period, and will be supported, developed and supervised by senior members of the audit team.
As a trainee in our Risk and Advisory Services business, you will study the following:
- ACA (from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) or the CIA and CMIIA (from the Institute of Internal Auditors)
We help you to enhance this learning with our Initial Professional Development programme, including RAS specific training, through which you can develop the necessary personal, commercial and technical skills. Most of all, you will learn to exercise professional judgement in real situations.
Business Area Overview
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Study for the ACA or CIA qualification (for the IIA study towards CMIIA status) or other relevant professional qualification.
- Complete allocated work to budget and timescale and the appropriate level of quality, following the RAS methodology and utilising Vision as appropriate, keeping the relevant manager informed of progress and issues.
- Deliver exceptional client service through clear communication, both written and verbal and to ensure that a professional approach is maintained at all times. Note our key deliverable from the work we do is the production of a report, which needs to be of a high standard.
- Support other graduates effectively and to be an effective RAS team member.
- Have an understanding of the future direction of RAS, which relates to winning new clients, and gaining an understanding of business development e.g. assisting Senior RAS staff in identifying and bidding for new clients as well as conducting client-take-on procedures.
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Associate/Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS), Nicosia, Cyprus
0 - 0
KPMG 2021 Audit Graduate Programme
Trainee Chartered Accountant (ACA) - London Business Advisory Group - January 2022
Business Services Executive - Full time
Graduate ACA Trainee