Competitive + benefits
BDO Early In Career
18 days ago
A trainee in the Risk Advisory Services (RAS) department will primarily involve “hands on” project delivery, providing services to clients including Internal Audit work. You will work closely with, and support senior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of services.
As a Trainee Auditor you will study towards an appropriate qualification for 3 years to complete your ACA (from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) or the CA (from ICAS) in Scotland. There may well be other qualifications you can obtain along the way
Business Area Overview
- Apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of settings, and appropriately assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risk which affect activities. Demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately define those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective.
- Develop proficiency in applying audit principles, skills and techniques by performing audit tests of varying degrees of complexity.
- Execute a wide variety of audit tests/ procedures and accurately interpret results against defined criteria, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Consistently document relevant facts and information which support the work performed and conclusions drawn, so other reviewers can follow the auditor's logic in line with the BDO internal audit methodology.
- Effectively evaluate audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence.
- Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by completing assignments within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple tasks.
- Engage in professional development activities, including completion of a professional certification programme.
- Contribute to, and participate in the growth and development of our team i.e. marketing, networking and business development activities.
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.