Audit Graduate - Technology & Media
|Job Title:||Audit Graduate - Technology & Media|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 11:22|
Working in Audit means much more than just analysing numbers, we really get to know our clients by building close relationships with key individuals there in order to help them and their investors to better understand their financial performance, business systems, culture and the risks they face and then to provide crucial advice to them in these areas.
Our structured Initial Professional Development programme will help you to develop your career in whichever direction it takes by supporting you to study for your professional qualifications (ACA or CA) whilst working in different industry sectors and locations in the UK and abroad. You will work as a part of a team, all of whom will be highly supportive, and there are plenty of opportunities to socialise together as well. Many people choose to specialise in an industry sector, perhaps even gaining a reputation as a leading expert in their field, or alternatively choose to become a generalist usually in one of our regional office, looking after clients across a range of sectors
As a Trainee Auditor your Programme is a 3 year structured programme around working and studying. You will study towards an appropriate qualification, usually either the ACA (from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) or the CA (from ICAS) in Scotland.
Audit contains many different streams and, if successful, you could be working in one of the below areas amongst others:
- Real Estate
- Professional Services
- Consumer Markets
- Energy Mining Industry
- Technology Media
Business Area Overview
- Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given.
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from client’s books and records.
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions.
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Executive or Manager.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Executive or Manager.
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group.
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group..
- Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office.
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidate’s who poses strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's