Audit Graduate Trainee (Entrepreneurial Business) - September 2020
|Job Title:||Audit Graduate Trainee (Entrepreneurial Business) - September 2020|
|Reference:||Audit Graduate Trainee (Entrepreneurial Business) - September 2020|
|Contact Name:||Kathleen Ross|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2020 10:41|
OVERVIEW OF THE SERVICE LINE & TEAM
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 650 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients’ business control and credibility. Our expertise range from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services and some of the largest FT Global organizations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
Entrepreneurial businesses are a significant proportion of our client base, not just in the UK, but globally.
The Entrepreneurial Business team work with:
- Any privately-owned business/group by an individual(s) family, board of directors, private equity or venture capital backed with revenue between £10m - £150m
- Unregulated asset managers/owners privately owned with assets under management/ownership under £1bn
The role of an auditor is to ensure financial statements produced by clients is ‘true and fair’ and an accurate representation of the transactions and balances they claim to represent. In the entrepreneurial business team, you can expect to be part of highly engaged teams, working together to deliver high quality audits in line with client expectations and deadlines. As an Audit Trainee, your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
We are looking for candidates with a strong desire to learn and progress, and we give increasing responsibility when an individual is ready rather than at pre-determined times. However, our broad expectation of roles and responsibilities during the three-year training contract is set out below.
During your first year you will:
- Work with various clients across a range of sectors, building a strong understanding of their business;
- Learn how to prepare professional audit documents in line with our audit methodology using audit software and systems;
- Develop a thorough understanding of financial statements; and
- Be able to obtain relevant information from clients whilst building effective rapport with clients.
During your second year you will:
- Build and develop audit skills in increasingly complex and technical areas;
- Be able to take ownership for sections allocated in an audit file;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
- Be able to help less experienced team members.
In your final year you will be expected to take on significantly more responsibility. Depending on the client, this may involve taking lead on a technical area or a team to ensure the entire audit file is completed. This will include a combination of working to stated deadlines, managing the work of junior members in the team, taking responsibility for the budget, and presenting in both team and client meetings.
- Strong work ethic; the desire to get things done, and to learn and progress.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to accurately and diligently assimilate information, grasp concepts quickly, research and solve problems.
- Independent; the ability to think critically, challenge when appropriate, and to apply professional scepticism.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Credible and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund for you to study towards the ACA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
CULTURE & REWARD
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AT MAZARS
Mazars is committed to a 360 degree diversity approach, from building diverse leadership teams which reflect our clients and society, to creating an open, inclusive, culture where individual voices are heard. Our client-facing people can be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites - our approach to agile working (see benefits) can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service. Visit our D&I page to see the ways we are driving diversity https://www.mazarscareers.co.uk/about-mazars/diversity-inclusion .
BESPOKE BENEFITS THAT WORK FOR YOU
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – 25 days of holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax services. Being part of the Mazars team means being part of something big! Operating in 89 countries around the world, the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite. Whether that’s gaining exposure to different types of clients, learning new skills or exploring international opportunities. We open doors that make Your Years at Mazars, Years That Count.
In the UK, Mazars has approximately 140 partners and over 1,700 employees serving clients from 17 offices and is ranked one of the top 10 firms nationally. Globally we draw on the expertise of 40,000 professionals – 24,000 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance - to assist clients at every stage in their development.
Audit Graduate Entrepreneurial Business.docx
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's