Audit Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Audit Semi Senior|
|Salary:||23000 - 27000|
|Contact Name:||Sian O'Leary|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2021 11:17|
Contract Type: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 dependant on qualifications and experience
We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Semi-Senior to join our busy, vibrant, and hardworking team. Whilst being based in Birmingham, the ideal candidate will also need to visit client premises, so you will need to be able to travel.
A fully study package would be available for anybody who is not yet fully qualified.
- Assisting with the planning, performing and completion of audits, and where appropriate lead small audits
- Supporting technical audit testing during audit assignments, and to work with a team to achieve successful completion of audits on a timely basis
- Assisting with the completion of client accounts preparation and prepare corporation tax computations where appropriate to support audit work
- Developing working relationships with clients to understand their business
- Helping to finalise the audit file for Manager and Partner review
- Coaching junior team members and ensuring they receive effective on the job training
The ideal candidate will have
- At least 2 years of audit experience
- ACA / ACCA / equivalent part qualified
- Strong communication skills
- A strong work ethic and a team player
- Knowledge of Caseware
- A high level of initiative and the confidence to ask for support when required
- An intermediate level of IT competency including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- A full UK driving licence
Why Smith Cooper?
- We are a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
- The firm’s Partners remain actively invested in the development of team members, and will take a direct interest in your professional development whilst supporting your progression
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to purchase additional annual leave and your birthday off, on us. Long serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories.
- Rewards for those that embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme
- Regular social events and annual companywide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division, office and the wider firm
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients, so when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day, and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our job portal.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's