22000 - 28000
9 days ago
MHA MacIntyre Hudson
Our Kent region is currently recruiting for an Audit Semi Senior to join them on a permanent basis. As Audit Semi Senior in Kent, you will join a closely-knit team to provide a first-class service to our portfolio of local and national clients.
What's in it for you?
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (20 days plus bank holidays with the option to buy, while on a training contract)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Car Lease Scheme
- Paid time for CSR
- And more!
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm.
- Complete whole sections of the audit pack in accordance with MHA MacIntyre Hudson procedures and occasionally on smaller jobs act as senior, delegate to juniors and complete the whole file including notes/queries for Partner/Director/Manager.
- Complete all substantive tests with minimal supervision, delegate some elements of testing to more junior members of staff where appropriate and design specific tests if appropriate.
- Prepare clear logical schedules, fully cross referenced to supporting documentation and other sections of the audit file, ensuring that all amounts agree to lead schedules and the accounts.
- To have an understanding of the preparation of statutory accounts primarily for companies as well as some LLPs and charities.
- To have an understanding of the preparation of corporation tax and corporation tax returns.
- Resolve simple queries and refer more complex issues to more senior members of staff.
- Supervise more junior members of staff as appropriate, including checking their work and providing guidance as required.
- Manage own time and that of any junior staff, recognising any problems at an early stage to ensure that jobs are completed within budget.
- Review of junior staff work.
- Complete stock takes and write up detailed notes and results.
- Involvement in planning the audit on small jobs.
- Complete audit review forms on juniors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Studying professional stage ACA or ACCA, or AAT qualified and wishing to study professional stage ACA or ACCA - with experience in practice.
- Double entry bookkeeping skills.
- Basic tax knowledge - how to prepare corporation tax computations.
- Computer experience - Sage, Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare.
- Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff preferable (6-12 months experience).
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards.
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments.
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload.
- Client focused.
- Commercially aware.
- Team building skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Be positive and committed to MHA MacIntyre Hudson in dealings with both clients and staff.
If this is a role that is of interest to you, please apply within.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers or used in any way during the selection process.