Audit Semi Senior (with 3-4 exams left to go)
|Job Title:||Audit Semi Senior (with 3-4 exams left to go)|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||Competitive + full study support|
|Contact Name:||Recruitment Team|
|Job Published:||August 07, 2020 12:19|
Audit? It’s just looking at spreadsheets isn’t it?. . . . .Okay, yes there are spreadsheets and lots of them, but deep down like us you love them and know there is so much more to working in audit than a great VLOOKUP!
Although there are over 150 of us working here at Carter Backer Winter LLP you would be joining our 45 strong Audit team.
Because you have been working in audit for a couple of years we don’t need to list your day to day duties when it comes to undertaking an audit. 80% of your job role is going to be audit focused, performing audits for SMEs across really interesting sectors, with the remainder of your time leaning towards accounts and taxation.
For non-audit assignments you will be preparing statutory and non-statutory accounts for corporate clients, LLPs and sole traders, this will also include abbreviated company accounts, full company accounts and from time to time group accounts.
In a Nutshell
With 3-4 exams left to go,you are still on the upward directory of your career and we are guessing feel ready to take on a bigger challenge. On your criteria list for this job move alongside 'more exposure’, you may have 'managers that inspire and support’ and 'improvework life balance/work from homemore often'. . . if so, this job ad is just about to get even better.
You are going to get continued exposure to the full audit file but also responsibility. The size of the audit depends on the size of the team, so you maybe reporting into a Senior or a Manager, but with your experience and exams you will also be supporting the development of trainees, reviewing work and giving feedback.
The vast majority of our Seniors, Managers and Directors have worked their way up through the ranks and there is a real sense of camaraderie and a busy social calendar.
The Nitty Gritty
We totally appreciate that joining a company during a pandemic isn’t going to be as straightforward as normal, but rest assured even before COVID-19 with our use of tech we were set up for homeworking and are ready to induct our newest team member remotely and welcome you to the team using Microsoft Teams and lots of online support!
To top it off, you get to work in an environment that promotes both personal and professional development and supports wellness in the workplace. Feel free to check out our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor) and visit the FAQ section on our careers page to see how we are continuing to support everyone through COVID-19.
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- Almost ACA or ACCA qualified! To complement the existing team you will have 3-4 exams left to go
- 2 years audit experience within a practice - you are going to be a joining a busy audit team, so it’s crucial you have experience of how a practice operates, timesheets, smaller on site audit teams etc
- Whole audit file experience - the beauty of working at a mid-tier firm is you get to work on all areas of an audit file and the team need someone who is able to get stuck in from the start
- Comfortable managing your own deadlines - able to demonstrate a methodical and well organised
- Team player -sounds a bit cheesy but as the finance team are small great communication skills, enthusiasm and being happy to roll your sleeves up will go a long way!
- Accounts & Tax experience - around 20% of your time will be spent preparing financial accounts and corporate tax computations for review. You will need to be technically up to date in these areas
- IT skills - in a world of automation you are no doubt comfortable working with a whole variety of systems including all the mastery that Excel is capable of. You would be working with ProAudit, Xero, Quickbooks, CCH and Digita here too
- Strong Technical skills - up to date knowledge of UK financial reporting standards
- Communication skills - not just the ability to delegate work, motivate a team, deliver feedback to Managers on job statuses and put professional emails together, we also need you to be able to listen to clients and get an understanding of their concerns/challenges.
- Commercial acumen- what does this really mean? In this case, the ability to really add value to a client and spot cross selling opportunities whilst working within budget
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us
20 Partner, Top 50 City based Accountancy Practice - Tick
Recognised for staff development - Tick
Flexible benefits package - Tick
Study support available - Tick
Flexible working hours - Tick
Relaxed innovative culture (dress down every day, beer fridge, foosball table etc) - Tick
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment). Failing that hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Top 10 Audit Semi Senior – completed first 4 – 6 exams
25000 - 30000 + ACA Study Support
Audit Semi Senior
Top 10 Audit Semi Senior – Financial Services Clients
24000 - 30000 + ACA Study Support
Top 10 Audit Semi Senior – Part Qualified ACA
25000 - 30000
Top 15 Audit Semi Senior – Part Qualified ACA
26000 - 32000 + ACA Study Support + Benefits