£40000 + benefits
AS - 20
25 days ago
We are looking to recruit a newly qualified individual to join our busy audit team. The main role will be to lead audit and accounts assignments liaising with the client and relevant Roffe Swayne Manager and/or Partner. The firm’s audit client base is varied and includes clients in the property and construction, distribution, recruitment and manufacturing sectors with turnover up to £85 million. We have many group audits, often involving international operations and overseas auditors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend pre audit meetings
- Liaise with relevant manager and client to plan assignments
- Lead and coach junior staff
- Design audit tests
- Plan a risk based audit approach and design audit tests
- Carry out relevant work to meet audit objectives
- Manage and control job budgets
- Finalise files for Managers and Partners to review
- Clear review points and correspond with clients
- Attend final audit meetings
- Preparing draft corporation tax calculations
- Prepare statutory accounts
- Newly qualified ACA (or exam qualified)
- Significant, recent audit experience (70-75%)
- Strong technical skills and experience of UK GAAP FRS102 reporting
- Experience of Paperless Audit Software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- A team player who is also comfortable leading a team
- Commercially astute and committed to developing the business.
- Flexible and proactive approach.