15 days ago
Audit Trainee – Portsmouth
Are you an ambitious individual looking to start your career in accountancy?
TC Group would love to hear from you. We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Trainee to join our Portsmouth office once lockdown is lifted and the offices can fully reopen.
TC Group is a highly innovative, leading edge firm of accountants and professional advisers.
Officially one of the fastest growing Top 40 UK firms with offices across the South West, South East, London, Midlands and the North, we are the first to offer a full range of complementary professional services in the areas of financial planning, legal and HR. We are also at the forefront of technology, having won Xero’s Emerging Partner of the Year, and shortlisted for Large Partner of the Year awards in recent years.
Our unrivalled levels of knowledge and experience, combined with a genuinely unique service offering, allow us to provide clients and the wider public with the highest level of quality, bespoke business solutions.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given
- prepare analysis of accounting data from clients' books and records
- ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
- active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence
- involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the audit manager
- ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the audit manager
- build strong relationships with new and established clients
- carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required
- travel to local and national clients on a regular basis (when government restrictions allow)
We are looking for dynamic individuals with a positive ‘can do’ attitude. We are considering candidates at different levels so you will have either GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English (Grades A-C), A-Level in either Mathematics, Business or Economics, AAT or similar qualification or have a relevant degree at 2:1 or higher.
In addition you will have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate excel skills as a minimum, be highly personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and have your own car and full driving licence.
We are able to offer a generous remuneration package including:
- competitive market rate salary
- full training package and support
- working hours of Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm (flexi time)
- pension scheme
- life assurance
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH)
- opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- free car parking on site
- access to our corporate reward scheme
- employee Assistance Programme
- opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- relaxed and friendly working environment