Audit Trainee/ Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Audit Trainee/ Semi Senior|
|Contract Type:||Work Experience & Placements|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Peach|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2019 14:43|
Job Title: Audit Trainee/ Semi-Senior
Ref: South 371
Our Walsall office are currently seeking an ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic Audit Trainee/ Semi-Senior to join our team. The successful candidate will be assisting in providing on-site support for our audit clients to include planning, day to day control of the audit team workload and liaising with clients.
This role will ideally suit an AAT/ ACA studier who is looking to begin their career in Audit or someone who has gained some audit exposure and is looking to work for a bigger firm.
As an Audit Trainee/ Semi Senior based in our Walsall Office, your responsibilities will include;
- Assisting with and on audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system
- Producing audit files for review
- Preparation of draft documentation
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of clients
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with basic client queries
- Assists with drafting or pre audit letter and updated engagement letters for dispatch to client well in advanced of audit commitment.
- Prepare accounts for a variety of small clients including sole traders, partnerships, LLP’s and Limited companies etc.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation, minutes to approve the accounts and all other relevant documentation to accompany accounts to client for signature.
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provides them with all the data which they have requested, along with a drafted tax comp. Subsequently posts tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received.
- To download information from Companies House and to take into account the impact of changes in share capital, shareholders, directors etc when preparing limited company accounts.
- Management accounts preparation
- To deal with clients in relation to requests for information to support accounting entries.
- To initiate return of records to clients.
- To look after associated departmental administration.
- To undertake and complete the AAT/ACA qualification
As an Audit Trainee/ Semi Senior in our Walsall office you will possess the following attributes;
- Some previous exposure to the accountancy industry gained within a practice environment
- An eagerness to learn and progress
- Committed to gaining a career within Audit
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- A strong interest in business
- Organised and able to meet strict deadlines
- Competent numerical and IT skills
- AAT qualified or studying towards ACA/ ACCA
- Achieved A-C/9-4 grades (including Maths and English) at GCSE
- Achieved A-C grades at A Level or equivalent
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to balance workload with the pressures of studying for a professional qualification
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group.
- We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Our Core Values & Behaviors underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviors are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviors allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's