BDO Drive Apprenticeship
|Job Title:||BDO Drive Apprenticeship|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2019 09:28|
At the highest level BDODrive is about helping businesses succeed through scaling up, avoiding pitfalls and improving visibility on their businesses. It brings together compliance, outsourcing and advisory services such as accounts and financial reporting, business outsourcing, business advisory, payroll and company secretarial as well utilising the depth of expertise available at BDO.
To allow companies to focus on their business we can provide anything from specialist technical support, to stop-gap cover at particular times, to a fully outsourced finance function. Our people thrive on varied challenges and are always looking for new ways to improve our services and help their clients.
Trainees joining us on the Apprenticeship Programme will spend 1-2 years working in the business and during that time will study towards the AAT qualification as part of an apprenticeship. Following the successful completion of AAT, you will be given the opportunity to study towards the ACCA qualification over the next 3 years, becoming a fully qualified chartered certified accountant within 4- 5 years
Business Area Overview
• Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
• Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes
• Prepare both management and statutory accounts for clients from software packages under the supervision of more senior members of the team
• Undertake financial close procedures e.g. reconciliation of inter-company balances, preparation of journals and schedules
• Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors
• Produce statutory accounts under both UK GAAP and IFRS for review by managers using software packages and excel including working on consolidations and cashflows
• Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are always provided with excellent service.
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Apprentice Junior Finance Analyst
£18,228 per annum
Trainee Chartered Accountant
27000 - 30000
School Leaver Trainee Chartered Accountant (ACA) - Manchester - January 2023
School Leaver Trainee Chartered Accountant (ACA) - Manchester - September 2022 or earlier
Graduate Trainee Chartered Accountant (ACA) - Manchester - January 2023