BDO Early In Career
11 days ago
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
At the highest level BDODrive is about helping businesses succeed through scaling up, avoiding pitfalls and improving visibility on their businesses. It brings together compliance, outsourcing and advisory services such as accounts and financial reporting, business outsourcing, business advisory, payroll and company secretarial as well utilising the depth of expertise available at BDO.
To allow companies to focus on their business we can provide anything from specialist technical support, to stop-gap cover at particular times, to a fully outsourced finance function. Our people thrive on varied challenges and are always looking for new ways to improve our services and help their clients.
Trainees joining us on the School Leaver Programme will spend 1-2 years working in the business and during that time will study towards the AAT qualification as part of an apprenticeship. Following the successful completion of AAT, you will be given the opportunity to study towards the ACCA qualification over the next 3 years, becoming a fully qualified chartered certified accountant within 4- 5 years
- Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes
- Prepare both management and statutory accounts for clients from software packages under the supervision of more senior members of the team
- Undertake financial close procedures e.g. reconciliation of inter-company balances, preparation of journals and schedules
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors
- Produce statutory accounts under both UK GAAP and IFRS for review by managers using software packages and excel including working on consolidations and cashflows
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are always provided with excellent service.
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.