13000 - 15000
14 days ago
At Cartwrights we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. If you are an enthusiastic school leaver eager to learn about accountancy and enter the business world then you could be ready to start a career supported by professional training both with external bodies and on the job experience.
If you are looking for first class training in bookkeping / accountancy of owner managed businesses, partnerships and larger companies and meet all the criteria listed below we would like to hear from you.
Trainee bookkeepers will be involved in maintaining the records of various businesses using software such as xero, sage, quickbooks and also utilising new technology apps such as Receipt Bank.
You will be preparing the VAT returns for clients and bringing their accounting records to the stage whereby statutory accounts can be prepared.
We seek applications from those graduates with at least a 2:1 Degree, strong A Level results and with at least a B in GCSE Maths and English. Candidates must be enthusiastic about a career as a chartered accountant and keen to take responsibility.
The successful individual will have the opportunity to study towards the Association of Chartered Accounting (ACA) qualification to provide you with solid accounting and business skills.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to beginning a career in accountancy and studying towards the AAT qualification.
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Be well organised and have the ability to prioritise your own workload
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
To avoid disappointment, we would advise you to apply as early as possible.
To apply please send your covering letter and CV.