£Competitive package, excellent benefits and continued study support
16 days ago
Sopher + Co
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience. We take individual approach to our talent and work together to reach mutual goals, whilst building a truly diverse, equal, proud and happy workplace. Our engaged and committed teams of professionals will assist you with achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understand and full support.
We are looking for a Bookkeeper to join our growing Family Office team in our Borehamwood office. Working closely with a Senior Accountant you will manage bookkeeping services for a portfolio of clients in an accurate and timely manner. There is some flexibility in working hours and as such we will consider those looking for part-time roles.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recording clients’ financial transactions
- Preparing appropriate schedules and reports as requested by Clients and Partners
- Completing and filing VAT returns
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed
- Recording cash receipt and handling bank deposits
- Providing administrative and clerical support
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the Manager
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
We’ll need you to have a keen eye for detail, teamed with the ability to spot any inaccuracies or duplications and provide resolutions. Efficiency and accuracy are key as well as exceptional interpersonal skills, effective communication and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
You will also have/be:
- Previous professional practice experience in a similar role
- Solid understanding of accounting software, including proficient knowledge of Xero and Sage Line 50
- Good knowledge of VAT law and compliance
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook
- High level communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- High level time management skills
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility, trust and mutual respect.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.