17 days ago
Working in the outsourcing team to produce management accounts, VAT Returns and ad-hoc management information on a timely basis.
Supplying a high-level payroll service for a large number and variety of clients. This includes running monthly and weekly payrolls ranging from one employee to circa 200 employees in size, completing year-end returns, and dealing with HMRC queries.
Linking that work with year-end reporting and maintaining regular contact in a support role with key client personnel under guidance from Wilkins Kennedy Partners and Accounts Managers.
You will be a motivated team player with a flexible attitude and a confident, outgoing personality. Client focused, you will be able to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision, liaising directly with clients face-to-face and by telephone as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake bookkeeping using SAGE accounting software for review by senior staff
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Client visits
- Run payrolls according to client specification/ instructions including data entry
- Action starters/leavers
- Action statutory payments (SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, ShPP) in accordance with HMRC legislation
- Assist in dealing with written and verbal general queries clients
- Monthly/weekly filing of FPS submissions in accordance with RTI
- Setting up employees in pension schemes in line with auto-enrolment
- Ensure compliance with GDPR
- Billing clients
- Work towards maintaining client relationships for both existing and new clients
- General administration including filing
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- A minimum of two to three years’ experience in a similar (payroll bureau) role
- Knowledge of payroll software
- Practical experience of year end procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Thorough and accurate approach to work
- Flexible approach during busy periods
- Car driver with full, clean licence as travel to client premises will be required
- Knowledge of the CIS scheme
- Understanding of payroll aspects of NIC, pensions and salary sacrifice schemes
- Experience of auto-enrolment
- Knowledge of Earnie or Star would be an advantage