Bupa Student Placements
28 days ago
Bupa Finance & Governance and Actuarial Undergraduate Industrial Placement Scheme
London, Manchester, Leeds, Staines and Brighton
£Competitive Salary +Bonus
Here at Bupa we are recruiting into our undergraduate industrial placement scheme in Finance & Governance and Actuarial based in London, Manchester, Leeds, Staines and Brighton.
The scheme is made up of two 6-month rotations providing you with experience across different areas of Finance & Governance and Actuarial across the business. This will give you an extremely valuable opportunity to gain a broad overview into how we operate and at the same time develop highly sought-after skills.
Whilst no formal financial qualifications are required to apply, we’re looking for people with passion and enthusiasm for Finance and Bupa. This is your chance to kick-start a career at Bupa.
The functions on offer include:
- Financial control and reporting
- Regulatory reporting
- Financial planning and analysis
- Internal audit
In addition, the placements will also provide you with an insight into the workings and objectives of the various functions, with tailored opportunities to learn and network with senior colleagues.
At the end of a successful placement, there is the potential to be considered for a place on our graduate scheme.
Bupa is an employer like no other. We’re passionate about our purpose – helping people live longer, healthier and happier lives. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. And with no shareholders, all our profits are re-invested into delivering more for our customers.
What we’re offering
- A considerate environment with approachable and supportive colleagues who are there to help support you to be the best you can be.
- Personal support and development opportunities as part of close-knit intake.
- A variety and flexibility of rotations for Finance & Governance and Actuarial so you can experience a wide range of functions and decide where you’re best suited.
- Expect to be challenged to learn new skills and responsible for real projects and deliverables.
- Competitive starting salary and bonus along with an extensive benefits package including private medical insurance and 25 days’ holiday.
Type of person we’re looking for
- Curious and inquisitive - challenges the status quo and seeks to make things better.
- Someone that thinks broadly and laterally.
- Flexible and adaptable. Willing and able to change their style and approach depending on the situation and have flexibility and agility around how they work and where.
- Tenacious and resilient. Someone who pursues things to its conclusion and doesn’t give up.
- A ‘can-do’ positive attitude and someone who takes the initiative and is accountable.
Eligibility to apply:
- Current undergraduate student due to start penultimate year of study in 2020
- Be on track to achieve at least a 2.1 in your degree (any degree discipline)
- Minimum A-Level Grades of BBB or equivalent
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- A finance degree is not a pre-requisite
We are an international healthcare company. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We have 16.7 million health insurance customers, provide healthcare to around 15 million people in our clinics, hospitals and dental centres and look after over 22,300 aged care residents in our care homes and villages.
At present we are registering interest from students who would like to find out more about this opportunity and we will provide you with further information in January 2020. To register please visit https://bupa.avature.net/studentplacements