Business Administration Apprentice
|Job Title:||Business Administration Apprentice|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Roche|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2020 09:58|
As a Buisness Administration Apprentice within our Restructuring and Insolvency Services team at our Birmingham office you will be supporting Senior Administrators, Managers and Directors in the team in delivering professional restructuring and insolvency services to our clients alongside this you will be supported through studying towards your business administration qualification.
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an Business Administration Apprentice within our Restructuring and Insolvency Services team at our Birmingham office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Senior Administrators, Managers and Directors in the team in delivering professional restructuring and insolvency services to our clients
- Preparation of reports, proposals, presentations, letters, notes, invoices and ad hoc documents including mail merges.
- Follow the firms’ procedures and understand the importance of doing so
- Maintaining working files in a good order
- Work with specific insolvency software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CCH
- Web based research.
- Anti-Money Laundering checks and verification of identification.
- Client acceptance procedures.
- Company research using providers such as Tracker
- Maintaining records of receipts and payments in client estates
- Printing and collation of reports.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and passing on messages accurately.
- Daily time recording
- Studying towards business administration qualification
As an Business Administration Apprentice within our Restructuring and Insolvency Services team at our Birmingham office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Talented, bright, energetic and engaged.
- Attention to detail and very high standards of work.
- Highly professional in appearance and manner.
- Articulate and able to communicate with others in a clear and structured fashion (written and verbal).
- Honest, high levels of personal integrity and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Responsive to the need to deliver a high-quality support service.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to stay focused under pressure.
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to deal with difficult callers and challenging conversations.
- Accuracy with particular attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and grasp new ideas quickly.
- Working in a confidential environment.
- Team player, supportive of others
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 23 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support - We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA, Business Administration).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Accounts & Business Services Graduate - ACA (Associate)
Trainee Chartered Accountant – Corporate & Business Services – Spring/Summer 2021 (Multiple Locations)
£HighlyCompetitive plus Excellent Benefits
Flying Start Technology degree programme - University of Birmingham
Flying Start Technology degree programme - University of Leeds
Flying Start Technology degree programme - Queen’s University Belfast