about 1 hour ago
Menzies LLP is currently looking to recruit a talented and ambitious 2nd year University student to be our next placement student in our Cardiff office working in our Insolvency team. The placement will begin in August 2020 and run for 12 months.
The Insolvency team stands for the qualities that power sound decisions. And we believe that behind every good decision, you'll find solid thinking, proven experience and valuable insight. But all the numbers and facts in the world mean nothing without a top team of professionals to make sense of them all.
That's where YOU come in - provided you're incisive, entrepreneurial and up for a challenge. We offer an environment where your talent and perspective matter - where you can make a real impact.
Our Insolvency professionals serve as a Trusted Advisors to individuals, companies, financial sponsors, lenders, creditors and other interested parties providing clear and concise solutions to distressed situations.
The firm prides itself on the experience and responsibility which it offers placement students
The work is varied, and the placement student will gain exposure to a variety of insolvency procedures such as Administrations, Liquidations (both solvent and insolvent) and personal insolvency cases such as Bankruptcy and Individual Voluntary Arrangements.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
The Placement Programme:
- Using the firm’s established internal systems to produce standard letters and forms on case related matters to comply with all regulatory obligations.
- To deal with correspondence (both written correspondence and telephone calls) in a timely and professional manner.
- To liaise with and provide feedback to creditors, employees and directors of insolvent estates.
- To liaise with solicitors, chattel agents and debt collection agents to ensure asset realisations are maximized.
- To collate information and assist in the preparation of reports.
- To take ownership of their cases and manage their own workload.
- To keep line managers appraised on progress.
- To assist and support other members of the team as required.
- To take an active part in the firm and be a part of its "work winning team" ethos.
The job may involve travel to clients’ sites, away from the Office.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Interest in working & developing a career in Insolvency
- Be on course to graduate with, at least a 2:1 in your chosen degree discipline
- Demonstrated track record of superior academic and work performance; demonstrated commitment to outstanding results
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Dedication to teamwork, demonstrated leadership potential and strong personal integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel, as needed