Business Services Trainee
|Job Title:||Business Services Trainee|
|Reference:||BSG Trainee WSM|
|Contact Name:||Sophie Thomas|
|Job Published:||December 07, 2021 09:14|
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a trusted and successful firm? If the answer is yes, then you could be the perfect candidate to join our team in our modern Weston-Super-Mare office. We are recruiting for a trainee position to join our Business Services department.
Albert Goodman is a firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Financial Planners, providing high-quality advice to over 5000 local and national businesses and individuals. We are proud that we are a Best Companies 2021 “Outstanding Place to Work”, 3rd best accountancy firm to work for in the UK, and are 35th in the Top 50 Best Companies to work for in the South West. Our people are vital to our continued success and we are always looking to train and develop individuals who could be our future partners and leaders.
We are looking for a Trainee Accountant to join us in our Business Services department in Weston-Super-Mare. Training to become a qualified accountant is a rewarding and challenging career and can open up a whole host of opportunities for you. A number of our senior managers and partners started their career as a trainee with us and have stayed with us throughout their working life. We look for candidates with drive and enthusiasm who can demonstrate a strong academic track record.
We offer excellent support and training that will help you develop the skills you need to succeed as a professional, and to progress until you realise your full potential.
The successful candidate will have the following essential experience, skills and attributes:
- Be a confident team player
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer service to clients
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working accurately with figures
We provide and fund:
- Technical training with recognised training providers
- Tuition/Revision Courses
- Student Registration Fees
- Annual Student subscriptions
- Books and materials
- Exemption/examination entry fees
- Paid study leave for courses and exams
Why join Albert Goodman as a Trainee Accountant?
- You will have the support of our Technical Training Partner, who is also a qualified teacher and has previously taught the accounting courses
- One of our Trainees achieved the top score in the world on her tax compliance exam
- The opportunity to work in a new, modern office environment
- Flexible remuneration package available to all staff members
To achieve the qualification and to consistently give the best and most up-to-date advice to clients, you will need to be competent at studying and passing exams. Your historic academic or professional results are used as a guide when shortlisting however we will also consider other factors such as experience, other qualifications and skills. As an indicator for the following qualifications we look for the following grades:
AAT – Ideally a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) mostly at Grade A*-B / 9 – 5, including Maths and English and a minimum of 2 A Levels (or equivalent) grade A*- B
ACA / ACCA – Ideally a minimum of a 2:1 in your degree or equivalent, although the subject of your degree is not important. We also look for A/B grades at both GCSE and A Levels