16 days ago
We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager or a Manager in the Business Tax department. This position is based in our Heathrow office in Egham.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Manage a portfolio of clients with a split of Compliance (80%) & Advisory (20%) work
- Work in conjunction with colleagues in other departments to provide an efficient and valued service
- Assist with the training of trainees within the team
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the compliance cycle for a portfolio of clients in various sectors and of various sizes
- Identification of potential advisory areas
- Assisting with the provision of advisory work arising on a portfolio of clients and ad hoc advisory work
- Assisting with enquiries if and when they arise
- Developing the more junior members of the team
- Assisting with business development and marketing initiatives
- Providing support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities
- Ensuring the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases
- Managing the time costs for tax work on a portfolio and initiating billing procedures
- CTA qualified
- Corporate tax technical and practical knowledge
- Practical knowledge of Alphatax is desirable
- Strong IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Proven business tax experience
- Experience of SME’s preferable
- Experience of larger clients and international aspects not essential but desirable
- Previous people management experience
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the Firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our clients' businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware that we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. Please do not contact individual hiring managers.