Business Tax Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Business Tax Assistant Manager|
|Job Published:||March 30, 2021 12:19|
We are currently looking for a Business Tax Assistant Manager to join our Tax team in our Leatherhead office.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this role is to support in advising a diverse portfolio of owner managed and large corporate clients with tax planning advice, in particular in relation to corporate reconstructions, group reorganisations, demergers, structuring business acquisitions and disposals and associated matters.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing Business Tax advisory team and support in the delivery of fast-paced advice in respect a variety of complex and exciting transactions.
- The successful candidate will perform a primarily advisory based role::
- Preparing tax structuring advice including in relation to complex group reorganisations, demergers and other corporate transactions;
- Drafting and coordinating applications for HMRC clearances;
- Supporting in the coordination and delivery of projects, attending client meetings alongside senior colleagues, corresponding with clients and overseeing implementation of transactions
- Overseeing and/or preparing relevant relief claims, advising on and assisting in the preparation of any related corporation tax, personal tax and employment related securities returns and disclosures;
- Actively contributing to the firm and service line business development objectives including, as appropriate, participating in networking and online marketing efforts, assisting with client engagement, proposals and onboarding
- Identifying opportunities for planning, risk mitigation and cross-referrals between service lines and specialisms to ensure clients receive a proactive and effective service
- Provide support to partners and relationship managers on other client matters or opportunities, as required
- ACA/ CTA or equivalent.
- Some business tax, accountancy and commercial experience is necessary
- A general awareness of the relevant practical and business tax considerations and concepts applicable to corporate reconstructions - including corporate taxes, shareholder and capital gains taxes (share for share exchange reliefs etc.) and indirect taxes, would be preferred (and required for applicants for Assistant Manager position) - but we will consider exceptional candidates with some prior experience and an interest in specialising in this area of business tax. Specific on the job training will be provided.
- The majority of projects will be UK focused, but we would be interested to discuss any international experiences or interests that candidates have
- Due to the nature of relevant projects, some general accountancy knowledge or background will be necessary
- Experience working with owner managed businesses would be preferable
- Advisory focused mindset, aptitude for problem solving, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Good written and verbal English skills is essentially. Report writing will be a key aspect of the role and some prior practical experience of report writing would be preferred;
- Thinks proactively about how to communicate sometimes complex technical tax advice to clients in an effective manner
- Strong organisational skills, capable of balancing a number of ongoing projects and managing delivery to deadlines
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
12 month Admin Assistant - London Corporate Tax - future trainee opportunity - immediate start
Competitive + paid overtime
12 month Tax Admin Assistant - Sports & Entertainment (School Leaver) - future ACA/CTA
Competitive + Paid Overtime
24000 - 24000
£20,500 per annum