16 days ago
We are currently looking for a Business Tax Senior Manager to join our Tax team in our Solent office.
The purpose of this role is to manage and oversee the office’s corporation tax reporting functions. This includes providing corporation tax compliance and enhanced compliance services to a portfolio of clients from various industries and working in conjunction with colleagues in other teams, offices and service lines to provide an efficient and valued service.
This is a key role within the Business and Corporate tax team and the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the majority of business tax related compliance functions for the office as well as managing a portfolio of client relationships within tax , which includes a diverse mix of owner managed companies as well as some large and international groups operating across a variety of industries.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and reviewing UK corporation tax computations;
- Monitoring reporting and payment deadlines;
- Working closely with audit and accounts team to advise on tax accounting entries and disclosures;
- Training and mentoring junior colleagues within the Business Tax Team
- Providing corporation tax compliance proposals and quotes to prospective clients
- Subject to experience, coordinating and reviewing other business tax related returns including ATED Returns, ERS & EMI reporting, p11ds, etc.;
- Monitoring and managing financial performance in line with KPIs;
- Managing any related correspondence with clients and HMRC;
- Identifying opportunities for tax planning, risk mitigation and cross-selling between service lines to ensure clients receive a proactive and effective service;
- Assisting with any other ad hoc projects and duties as may reasonably be required;
- Ensuring the Firm’s technical, ethical, risk and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
Required Work Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of working with corporate clients and managing compliance processes at a manager level. Experienced assistant managers or individuals looking to progress to manager level will also be considered and would be encouraged to apply.
- Qualified accountant and/or CIOT qualified tax adviser with at least two years post qualified experience in a tax related role. ATT-only qualified individuals will also be considered with appropriate practical experience.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Corporate/ Business tax technical and practical knowledge
- Knowledge of other business taxes and tax reporting processes is preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of UK accounting standards and competent in interpreting accounts and other financial information
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and databases
- Practical knowledge of Alphatax would be preferred
- Strong communication and organisation skills
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Business Tax Senior Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. We do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.