Competitive starting salary
CFAB Jan 22
15 days ago
Working with business owners and directors, trustees and private individuals, WMT provides a broad range of audit and assurance, accounting, tax, and business advice services that help organisations to run effectively and achieve their growth and development goals.
Our varied client base gives our apprentices first-hand experience of how different sizes and types of business operate. The broad range of services we provide will give you an understanding of the many ways we help clients to succeed.
Through our training programme, you will study for a respected professional qualification, whilst working within our accounts and assurance team, with the opportunity to gain wider experience within the firm. You will gain practical skills and experience and be supported to discover where your personal strengths and interests lie.
Your CFAB training will create a firm foundation for your future business career. Once you have completed it successfully, you could choose to specialise in a particular area of our practice or use it as a stepping stone to become a chartered accountant or a tax specialist.
To get the most out of your training, you will be self-motivated and organised, able to work to tight deadlines, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will also have an interest in business and understanding clients’ needs. The firm provides ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your potential.
What we provide
- Your CFAB tuition and revision courses, including exams, provided through a leading accountancy training organisation
- Paid study leave
- Work for clients of different sizes and types during your training, gaining experience and knowledge of a range of business services to help you develop:
- a comprehensive range of technical skills in accounting and taxation
- your problem-solving, customer service, and business advice skills to become a well-rounded professional advisor
- On the job training and coaching, along with regular reviews and mentoring, will enable you to monitor your progress and manage your personal development
- A friendly and supportive environment which encourages team work and knowledge-sharing
- Completing CFAB successfully will make you eligible to be considered for further study and training to gain your ACA qualification, under the same support package as we offer for CFAB
- Complete the six modules of the CFAB qualification over an 18-month period
- In addition to the paid study leave provided you should be prepared to study in your own time to make sure you get the most from your training and achieve exam success
- Work with your line manager to identify your development needs and interests and formulate a set of personal objectives and a development plan to help you achieve your goals
- 3 A Level passes, equivalent or above 120 UCAS points
- GCSE passes including Grade B or above in both Maths and English Language
- A natural affinity with numbers
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to work with accuracy and focus, even under pressure
- Self-motivated with an interest in business and finance
- Experience of using Outlook email, Excel and Word an advantage
We are currently inviting applications for a CFAB training contract starting January 2022. To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to Vicki Luxford at email@example.com, by the end of 24th October 2021.
Candidates will be contacted by 5th November 2021 about whether they have been shortlisted.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to take an on-line assessment. This helps us ensure that successful candidates have the literacy, numeracy and verbal reasoning abilities they will need to succeed in the training programme and beyond.
Candidates who succeed in this stage will be invited to attend our office for a face to face assessment and interview stage during w/c 15th November. This will give us the opportunity to get to know you better and for you to find out more about WMT and the people that work here. As part of this, we will ask you to undertake a short case study which provides us with an opportunity to assess your communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
We will aim to communicate the outcome as soon as possible following the assessment and interview. We are anticipating a start date of 4th January 2022.