Client Services Manager
|Job Title:||Client Services Manager|
|Salary:||19000 - 24000 and full training package|
|Contact Name:||Susan Rickerby|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2021 07:55|
We are looking for a Client Services Manager to join the friendly team in our caring accountancy firm in South Gloucestershire, on the North East Bristol fringe. You will share our ethos in providing excellent client service and in communicating with the client at their level and respectfully explaining technical jargon where necessary.
The role includes
- Monitoring our bookkeeping and payroll services to ensure timely, accurate and efficient delivery. This will include client liaison, following up queries, tactfully suggesting improvements (either to the client or to the firm) and if necessary processing transactions during eg holiday or busy periods.
- Communicating with HMRC, often by phone, on a range of matters including PAYE, Class 2 NIC, Company and Self Assessment tax computations and trust or estate tax.
- Review of assorted Limited Company, Partnership and Sole Trader Financial Accounts, VAT Returns, Payroll, Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment Tax Returns, raising/following up queries and getting the documents ready for Principal sign off including preparing letters from standard templates.
- Dealing with drop in or phone enquiries, referring to Principal as appropriate.
- If it appeals to you, maintenance of the firms social media presence.
- Full ACA apprenticeship or training package as appropriate
The ideal candidate
This is intended as an ACA trainee position or apprenticeship but you do need at least 2 years full time experience of working in an accountancy practice.
- Experience of practical accounts and tax work gained from an accountancy practice during a total of two years full time.
- Knowledge of a variety of business/accountancy/tax software packages (but not necessarily the same as we use).
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Experienced in direct contact with clients and HMRC.
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent.
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply them.
- Friendly approach
- Being well organised and (or willing to become) an “all rounder”.
- Able to work independently.
- Good time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills in a variety of media.
- Sense of (appropriate) humour.
- Level 4 AAT or ACA part qualified.
- Some experience with charities even if not work related.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, Outlook and Word. We also use ACT!, VT, Virtual Cabinet, Superpay, Taxfiler and clients use packages such as Sage, Quickbooks, (online and desktop) Xero, Free Agent and more.
A small but growing independent general practice, You will have a fair amount of control over your own work portfolio, hours and location. We have a wide range of client types and so you will encounter a variety of business sectors and characters. We also embrace various forms of accounting systems so you will have the opportunity to learn more skills.
Our specialisation is in client focussed service. Clients choose whether to provide us with paper or electronic records. We take it from there. We don't insist on a particular method or product although we do have our favourites if asked for adivce. We offer guidance and support for any wishing to change/update and constructive suggestions for improvement/efficiancy whereever possible.
Clients range from individual subcontractors, landlords with single properties to small business enterprises and charities.
Sectors include engineering, fire/security systems, PR/advertising, digital services, manufacturing, printing, retail, hospitality, construction and building services, recruitment, aeropace, commercial and residential property and more.
Our USP is our service to our local community which has many independent traders, several of which are our clients (we offer a discount). We are members of the Staple Hill Chamber and get involved in community initiatives where possible. Currently this is the fast growing #wearestaplehill campaign. Our charity clients usually get a 30% discount and sometimes more.
Our purchasing and waste policy is to be as environmentally conscious as we can and to conserve energy where possible. We reuse where possible and recycle nearly all of our non reusable waste. We turn off lights/heating when not in use (so we often wear extra jumpers). We have good ventilation systems.
Location of work is mostly at our office but client visits are sometimes necessary and usually appreciated.
We are located on the south west border of South Gloucestershire where it meets north east Bristol and only 30 minutes from the centre of Bath. Most of our clients are within 10 miles but we do have some international ones (visits are not required!)
Staple Hill is a friendly, long established community with a variety of shops, cafes, pubs, takeaways, two major chain supermarkets, opticians, hair and beauty, kitchens, heating and many more. There are nurseries and schools, a library and the beautiful Page Park just a few minutes walk from the office. The area is well served by buses including from Bath and Parkway station as well as Bristol, Yate etc and is on the Bristol to Bath railway path. Parking is not usually a problem although you may have a short walk.
We are a responsible employer welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity and encouragement to reach their full potential. We are open to negotiation regarding employees’ flexibility in how they work including working from home (which may be required sometimes) and flexible working hours.
How to apply
Send in your CV and explain why we should choose you for this role. It is likely that short listed applicants will be asked to attend an interview and two trial days (which need not be consecutive days and at least one could be arranged for a Saturday).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Semi Senior (Financial Services Team)
27000 - 33000
Senior Associate/Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS), Nicosia, Cyprus
0 - 0
30000 - 45000
Accounts Semi Senior
18000 - 23000
Graduate Chartered Accountant Trainee