|Job Title:||Consultant, Forensics|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||AP - ForensicsConsultant|
|Contact Name:||Nadine Hynes|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2020 14:45|
Consultant, Forensic Accounting
Investigations, Disputes & Risk – London
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges, when it really matters.
Our seasoned professionals are recognised experts in their respective fields, using their skills and experience to create measurable, better outcomes for our clients. We are looking for an adaptable, inventive, motivated individual to join our team.
The Investigations, Disputes & Risk (IDR) practice provides independent and objective critical thinking to help companies and their stakeholders address high-stakes disputes, litigation, and investigations. Our clients include a wide array of organisations and their legal counsel, who turn to us for assistance with expert testimony, valuation models, forensic accounting, investigations, and financial and economic analyses. You will work in highly skilled, purpose-built teams with experienced accounting, economics, and data analytics professionals, enabling you to enrich your knowledge and develop your long-term career objectives.
An opportunity has become available for a Consultant to join our Forensics team in London. The individual will work on a range of complex projects across a spectrum of industries, alongside senior members of the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- performing research and analysing factors affecting litigation damages or valuation, including gaining an understanding of the industry or market at issue
- investigating and tracing the flow of funds between bank accounts
- organising documents and work papers, including preparing supporting materials for litigation, valuation and investigation reports.
- creating financial models
- reviewing and critically analysing sets of financial information (e.g. invoices, credit notes, accounting records, financial statements, budgets or projections) and testing their veracity
- working with colleagues to value businesses using a variety of valuation methodologies
- using your meticulous attention to detail to perform quality control reviews of your work and the work of others
- working with colleagues in our eDiscovery and Litigation Data Analytics teams to build, handle, and interrogate large data sets
- assisting in the drafting of written reports
- working alongside industry specialists
- contributing to discussions in meetings
- assisting in practice development projects, such as internal training, presentations and the production of marketing literature and other aspects of practice development as the business seeks to continue to grow.
From providing key support to market-leading experts testifying in high-stakes litigation to being an integral team member on large-scale fraud and bribery investigations, you will combine intellectual rigour with developing the practical, real-world experience to gain in-depth insight into how businesses, industries and markets operate.
This opportunity would suit an enthusiastic and committed individual, who is a part-qualified or recently qualified ACA/ACCA, with a desire to develop their career in Forensic Accounting in a client-facing environment.
The ability to think through complex issues and to present logical analysis in a clear, concise manner to tight deadlines are key requisite skills. Candidates will also require the confidence to challenge views and make recommendations, and to work effectively both as part of a small team and with colleagues from other teams.
We are a European practice, so this role may involve working for short periods at other AlixPartners’ UK and European offices and providing assistance at client sites, both in the UK and abroad. Flexibility will therefore be required.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.