0 - 0
Lucy Jane Dowell
9 days ago
Searching for the right place to do your Placement year and want to work for one of the best companies in the UK (we have the awards to prove it) where you get support but also excitement and an amazing culture?
Are you curious? Inquisitive? Always asking questions wondering how things tick?
Do you want to be working with a variety of employees and with one of the UK’s most innovative and unique accountancy practices, better known as the Rebels of Accountancy?
Brilliant! Then you don’t want to miss this….
We’re killing it....
We are one of the fastest growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. We were voted the #No1 Accountancy firm to Work in the UK by the best companies awards along with a host of other awards as well…so what makes us so special?
Well, keep reading to find out….
What you'll be up to
The role would consist of creating target lists and writing content pieces, to provide names and hooks for our deal originators to create meetings with exciting businesses.
We need someone who
• Has an interest in business
• Is articulate and can write written pieces
• Will fit in well with our team and a good team player
• Has excellent researching skills
• Is creative, proactive, enthusiastic and full of ideas
This role will provide
• An insight into a career in corporate finance
• A greater understanding of the key sectors for M&A such as healthcare, technology and tech-enabled business services
An insight into direct origination / training in business development will be useful for all future careers
We’re also investing heavily in technology - automating processes where possible and obtaining information digitally. This allows our people to enjoy more office based and remote working.
We’ll make sure you’re challenged and supported every step of the way with your career development.
We look for people who:
• Take ownership of their own development
• Like working to pace with an unstoppable hunger to succeed
• Are curious to find the best way of doing things
• Can deliver a brilliant client experience
• Aren’t afraid of failure and can turn mistakes into learnings
• Act with integrity and authenticity leaving their ego at the door
• Want to stretch themselves and go above and beyond the norm
• Play all in to support the wider team
• we are looking for someone to progress to a long term career in Audit, not just a placement
To help set people up for success we prefer students to have a minimum of 112 UCAS points, however – drive and ambition is just as important! As such we welcome applications from all backgrounds – we want to hear from you!
What's in it for you...
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We only do things if we believe we can be No.1. We start doing that by putting our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
• Open holidays
• No dress code - Just “Wear something!”
• A truly flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients - “Work From Anywhere, Forever
• Cooper Parry social/sports clubs
• Some of the most impressive offices in the UK
• Regular social events
• Volunteering / charity days
Are we a match?
Our values are at the heart of what we do at Cooper Parry and it’s really important we recruit like-minded individuals into our teams.
• Play all in – we are committed, engaged and driven
• In it together – we believe in all for one and one for all
• Be Nice – we are kind, humble and authentic
• Be Brave – we are bold, entrepreneurial and rebellious
• Keep Learning – we explore, discover and are curious
A little more about life at CP….
We are challenging grey...
We are challenging boring. We are challenging status quo. Our people engagement scores are through the roof – our people are fully engaged in everything we do - from how we embrace technology and workplace design to how we create innovative and flexible working patterns that have a positive impact on the service our clients receive and on the lives of our people. Our culture is who we are, and it genuinely shapes our strategy and the experience for our clients. The way in which we operate and the incredible environment we are building is hugely advantageous to those wanting to combine a career in practice with an unrivalled culture and personal growth opportunity.
We are building a truly modern workplace culture...
We’ve always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress (our only rule is ‘wear something’) to when you work (we have no ‘core hours’) and how often you holiday (we have open holiday). We have just introduced another game-changing element we call ‘Work From Anywhere. Forever’ (WFAF!). We now give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, and potentially from anywhere, giving our people the trust and accountability to deliver to the required standards.
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about. Then, work flexibly to design a life that’s right for you.
It’s different here. Read our culture book for yourself https://flipcarten.com/culture-book/mobile/index.html #makelifecount