about 10 hours ago
We are actively looking for a talented 2nd year university student studying Accounting & Finance who has a real passion for Corporate Finance to be our new placement student for a year based at our central London office. The placement will be for 12 months and starts in August 2020.
The Corporate Finance Team provides a full range of advisory services including buying and selling companies, undertaking due diligence, report writing, valuations, financial modelling, business appraisals, deal negotiation, capital raising and consultancy.
As a corporate finance placement, you will get exposure to the business world of the SME sector. You will work on a wide range of assignments effectively split between providing corporate finance administrative support and carrying out research projects which includes web based research and utilising database and research tools such as Experian and IBIS World.
The placement student will be required to carry out research projects for the team and provide support on marketing projects, including organising client events and co-ordinating e-shots. The successful placement student should therefore be passionate about Corporate Finance, an analytical and inquisitive person, highly organised and able to juggle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Document Management, including standardisation and formatting
- Diary Management
- Events Management
- Responsible for sending E-Shots to prospective and existing clients
- Database management
- Researching acquisition and disposal targets for pre-existing mandates
- Providing analytical financial analysis of selected targets;
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Be a 2nd year University student studying Accounting & Finance OR a Finance related degree
- 3 A Levels at least grades A-C or equivalent
- A-C Grades at GSCE with A or B grades in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Willing to travel (limited)
- Excellent time management capabilities
- Excellent attention to detail and a quality approach
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work
- Ability to build relationships and engage with colleagues and clients at all levels
- A professional and confidential approach
- Advanced IT skills – (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) -
- Experience of carrying out marketing or research projects
- Eligibility to work in the UK