|Job Title:||Credit Controller|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Roche|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2020 12:04|
Job Title: Credit Controller
Ref: South 637
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
Baldwins have grown significantly over the last few years and as such we now require a Credit Controller to join the business to manage debt collection for our clients. You will be working closely with your Credit Control Team Leader to manage a number of clients in the collection of money.
As a Credit Controller at our Walsall Head Office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Chase outstanding debtors, via telephone email and letter
- Ensure any payments due are made in a timely manner
- Deal with payment queries / invoice queries
- Manage existing payment arrangements
- Identify changes in payment patterns to ensure customers debt exposure remains in line
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Allocate payments via Open Accounts
- Liaise with Offices/Partners
- Arrange monthly debtor meetings
- Run Monthly Statements / Letters
- Run Age Debtor Reports
- Propose write off for irrecoverable receivables
- Provide Ad-hoc reporting as and when required
- Deal with Solicitors for accounts which go into liquidation/Administration
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met
As a Credit Controller at our Walsall Head Office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- A minimum of 3 years Credit Control experience
- An eye for detail with accurate data input skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of and the ability to deal with difficult customers
- A knowledge of accounting software alongside a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- A team player
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support - We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients and Financial Strength.