Experienced Professionals – Accounting Consulting Services
|Job Title:||Experienced Professionals – Accounting Consulting Services|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2020 07:10|
Our Accounting Consulting Services (ACS) team (commonly known as the IFRS technical department) is the coordinating function specializing in accounting consulting related to the consistent application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Greek GAAP. Our team assists PwC’s assurance and advisory clients in solving their complex accounting and financial reporting issues in IFRS and Greek GAAP.
You will have the chance to improve your industry/sector knowledge and build internal and external relationships across disciplines and across borders. Our local team has a strong network with Global ACS of PwC, which means that we bring the best practices for our clients.
In this dynamic environment, we are now looking for high caliber Experienced/Senior Associates for our team in Athens. As a member of our team you will:
- Assist in the delivery of projects*, taking ownership of tasks or workstreams.
- Assist in the dialogue with clients and help to manage expectations of delivery, content, timescales and cost.
- Contribute to projects as a topic / subject matter specialist.
- Integrate with other PwC service lines on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Review statutory financial statements under Greek GAAP and IFRS.
- Advise clients on IFRS or Greek GAAP accounting requirements.
- Coordinate project teams, develop people through effectively coaching and mentoring more junior staff and build team spirit.
*Some of our key projects include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of new standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16, IFRS 17). This includes business support for accounting operations and controls as a result of the introduction of new pronouncements for which we provide support throughout the process (from diagnostic to implementation).
- Technical accounting advice and support on complex accounting and financial reporting issues and disclosures.
- Supporting in the pre-issuance review process of IFRS financial statements of audit clients.
- Services to support compliance with evolving financial reporting requirements within the Assurance practice.
- Working on cutting-edge accounting developments.
- IFRS and Greek GAAP conversions.
- Preparation of IFRS or Greek GAAP financial statements.
What we are looking for
- Equal to or more than four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
- Technical expertise or practical experience in the application of IFRS.
- Ability to understand complex accounting transactions and commercial/ business drivers.
- Ability to develop solutions or solve problems for the client.
- Exposure to financial instruments/financial services would be considered an asset.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to build trust within teams.
What’s in it for you
PwC is all about people, encouraging high performance and quality. At PwC, you will have:
- Continuous training and career development opportunities whilst learning from a wide range of top professionals.
- The chance to handle different projects for big clients.
- Access to a global network of firms and global mobility opportunities.
- Life and medical plan, mobile phone, rewards and recognition schemes, flexible working program, bus service etc.
Who we are
PwC in Greece is the largest professional services firm in the country, with premises in Athens and Thessaloniki and approximately 1200 employees. More than 250,000 people in 157 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice. This enables us to provide top-quality industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to our clients.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Associate/Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS), Nicosia, Cyprus
0 - 0
Accounting Associate, Apprentice
Forensic Accounting Analyst
16000 - 19000
Top 10 Audit Semi Senior – Financial Services Clients
24000 - 30000 + ACA Study Support
Cloud Accounting Systems Implementation Specialist