|Job Title:||Finance Apprentice|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Contact Name:||Rich Griffiths|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 08:56|
The Alzheimer's Society is a prominent and growing charity, with an ambitious strategy to help people affected by dementia. This includes expanding and innovating its services, raising awareness of dementia across our society, and delivering breakthroughs in research that lead to a cure. Our Apprentice Scheme will give the post holder an excellent start to a successful career in finance. The Society will support the Finance Apprentice through a structured learning and development programme, involving both on the job learning, internal and external training. This will lead to the post holder gaining a professional accountancy qualification.
Through a series of secondments the role holder will be given the opportunity to develop a broad set of skills and experiences, likely to include finance business partnering, budgeting and forecasting, financial accounting, procurement, and business case development. Secondments are expected to be 6 months in length but could vary depending upon the nature of the tasks to be completed. The post holder will, over the course of their apprenticeship, develop the skills and experience necessary to take on a role as a Finance Business Partner or Financial Accountant in one of our teams.
Whilst working at the Society, the role holder will be studying for a professional qualification via our training provider. The Apprenticeship Scheme is split into two sections:
- Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4): the first 18* months spent studying for a Level 4 Apprenticeship, qualifying the role holder to progress to study Level 7 and granting the role holder a competence qualification, and a knowledge based qualification – a higher national diploma or foundation degree
- Accountancy/Taxation Professional Degree Apprenticeship (Level 7): upon successful completion of Level 4, the role holder will commence a 36* month course of study for a Level 7 Apprenticeship, completion of which will also qualify them for membership with a professional accounting body.
Position in organisation
- Reports to a Senior Finance Business Partner, Financial Accountant or Planning Manager across a series of rotations throughout the Society’s wider Finance, Planning and Performance team
- Studies with appointed training provider overseen by Head of Finance Business Partnering
Dimensions and limits of authority
- The Finance Apprentice will report to and have their work overseen by a Senior Finance Business Partner, Financial Accountant or Finance Planning Manager
Duties and key responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing and presenting financial analysis and management information to Finance Business Partner (or similar grade) to aid decision making by budget holders and other stakeholders
- Responsible for completing month end activities including account reconciliations and journal postings with review by Finance Business Partner (or similar grade)
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of discrete sections of financial business cases with review by Finance Business Partner (or similar grade)
- Responsible for pro-actively engaging with wider finance stakeholder to gain off the job training as required by the Apprenticeship Standards
- Responsible for attending and completing training requirements as directed by training provider
- Provide advice, interpretation and guidance on finance policies and procedures
- Support budget holders with finance queries as required
- Provide ad hoc analysis as required
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only to highlight the main requirements of the post holder. The line manager may stipulate other reasonable requirements.The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's