Finance Assistant - Apprenticeship
|Job Title:||Finance Assistant - Apprenticeship|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||£Competitive salary, extensive benefits and continued study support|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||April 23, 2020 10:15|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media & entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience. We take an individual approach to our talent and work together to reach mutual goals, whilst building a truly diverse, equal, proud and happy workplace. Our engaged and committed teams of professionals will assist you with achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understanding and full support.
We are looking for a Finance Apprentice to provide support functions to the internal Finance team, ensuring the smooth running of payments. This is a busy and varied role which requires attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career, providing a concrete foundation for future growth. During this 18-months Apprenticeship (plus 3 months for End Point Assessment) and as a part of your role you will study towards AAT Level 3. The AAT Accounting qualification is an internationally recognised professional accounting qualification based on practical, real life knowledge that can be put to use from day one.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Posting of daily receipts and rechargeable staff expenses to the Work in Progress onto in-house database system
- Analysis and posting of petty cash and credit card payments
- Reporting billing and receipt updates to partners
- Posting of daily receipts onto client-based software and updating client ledgers
- Maintaining a cashflow and sharing with partners
- Daily bank reconciliation of current account, with monthly reconciliations of credit card account and petty cash accounts.
- Maintaining a petty cash account
- Analysing monthly credit card statements into relevant nominal ledgers
- Monthly client account reconciliations and monitoring
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – Change, Challenge and Commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
You will be confident in working to a high standard, have excellent communication skills and a flexible approach to your work. Ideally you will also have/be:
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to prioritise work
- Excellent work ethics and eagerness to learn
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people at different levels
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Have an organised approach to work
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying a level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through trust and credibility.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's