13 days ago
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you’ll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 700 routes to more than 30 countries, we’re the UK’s largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the eighth largest in the world. Flying over 100 million passengers a year, we employ over 10,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we’re still growing.
To learn how finance operate in a FTSE 100 company, whilst studying for a professional qualification.
- Complete reconciliations of balance sheet accounts in a timely manner with supporting schedules and thorough understanding of the balance sheet position, support with identifying risk and opportunities with the business.
- You'll learn how to manage monthly accrual and forecast figures
- Consider process improvements in your area including developing systemised solutions
- Review and update accuracy of excel models used to assist with analysis
- Build relationships across several teams within easyJet
- Ensure accuracy of billing from suppliers and where necessary ensure that any errors are quickly identified and recovered.
- Need to be conscientious in making sure you meet deadlines and provide insightful and accurate analysis to your stakeholders.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on a timely basis reporting on insights found.
- Prepare month end journals and post to ledger ensuring accuracy and adhering to current accounting standards.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Team compliance to month end timetable & targets with all deadlines met or exceeded.
- Provision of meaningful analysis meeting internal customer requirements.
- Balance sheet to be fully reconciled with no unexplained differences.
- Monitoring and control over updates in financial models.
- Ownership and Delivery. Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves and supporting the team to achieve.
- Customer and Shareholder Value. Understands who their customers are and seeks to exceed their needs, focussing on the importance of safety for both customers and employees.
- Innovation and Change. Is open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity, comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Building Relationships. Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their own team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Studying towards degree (any discipline)
- Ability to find problems and propose ideas for change
- Ability to summarise data into useful format
- Ambitious, pro-active and enquiring mindset.
- Committed to developing a career in finance
- Communicate with both finance and non-finance contacts to achieve results
- Intermediate MS Office Skills – including extensive knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong academic record
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days holiday
- 5% pension
- Life Assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits