Forensic Accounting Analyst
|Job Title:||Forensic Accounting Analyst|
|Contract Type:||Work Experience & Placements|
|Salary:||15000 - 18000|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Geale|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2020 12:54|
Forensic Accounting Analyst – Leeds
We have a unique opportunity within our Forensic Accounting team for a motivated individual who is currently studying towards their degree.
This one year placement, joining the team in Leeds, will give you a valuable insight into the world of forensic accounting and you will gain work based experience of the profession.
If you are successful, you’ll be assisting the team on matter such as:
- Personal injury and loss of earnings;
- Commercial matters such as shareholder disputes;
- Criminal cases with instructions from the Prosecution or the Defence;
- Matrimonial cases requiring a business valuation to assist with divorce proceedings; and
- Investigations such as into an alleged fraud.
This will involve undertaking a variety of support tasks including:
- Working on proposals to try and win new work;
- Reviewing case instructions and understanding what assistance is required by clients;
- Assisting with the setting up of new clients including preparing letters of engagement, scoping documents and carrying out the necessary internal checks and procedures;
- Attending initial fact finding meetings with clients to obtain information required to undertake the work;
- Reading case documentation such as pleadings, accountancy reports and medical reports to better understand the case and help you assist the team;
- Carrying out research using publicly available information to obtain and summarise data regarding the business(es) involved in the matter being worked on;
- Analysing core financial and business records such as financial statements and sales invoices;
- Researching specific industries to better understand the nature of the marketplace on a particular case;
- Converting bank statements into spreadsheet format and undertaking analysis of the transactions contained therein; and
- Assisting with the management of department records including the recording of case information, billing, organisation of files and data etc.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to gain work-based experience in the world of forensic accounting. In order to apply, you must be able to demonstrate an excellent academic record of at least 2 A's and a B at A-level (or equivalent and excluding general studies) and you will be studying towards a relevant degree.
The placement may lead to an opportunity to join our ACA Graduate Training Scheme once the individual has completed their degree course and attained the minimum of a 2:1 degree.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
JIEB Insolvency/ Forensic Accounting Trainee
Flying Start Accounting degree programme - Newcastle University
Newcastle upon Tyne
Flying Start Accounting degree programme - University of Manchester
Flying Start Accounting degree programme - Nottingham University
Flying Start Accounting degree programme - University of Reading