12 days ago
The key focus of the role will be the undertaking of statutory business audits, working within a team to meet deadlines and deliver exceptional client service.
As a boutique firm within the industry, we differentiate ourselves from the ‘Big 4’ and other larger accountancy practices by offering you the same breadth of work and training but without the exceptionally long hours and anonymity you may receive with other employers. As part of our team, you would have an unrivalled opportunity to have active involvement in all aspects of project delivery and client liaison, exposure to projects you wouldn’t be given in a bigger firm, and the opportunity to work directly with partners across clients of varying industry sectors.
Over your three year training contract you will study for and sit a number of exams. We pay for all costs of first time sittings included in your training and exams and will support you as much as you need throughout your studies, whilst providing you with the necessary resources and mentoring to help you develop within the business and gain relevant work experience.
As a smaller firm, every new recruit is viewed as an important team addition so we will invest heavily in your personal and professional development and see you as an integral part of our future. The main focus of your training contract will be with the audit and assurance team, however, on qualification you will have the opportunity to work in any of our service lines.
You don't need a background in accountancy, finance or business to become a Murray Harcourt trained ICAEW Chartered Accountant, but you do need to demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm for the topic you've studied and the desire to develop a career in a challenging and competitive industry. Ideally, we are looking for:
- A graduate with a 2.1 degree in any discipline. If the degree is arts-based you should be able to demonstrate a strong aptitude in Maths.
- 300 UCAS points
- Grade B or above for GCSE Mathematics and English.
- Strong IT skills, with experience in a variety of packages, particularly Word and Excel.PowerPoint is an advantage.
Communication (oral, electronic, written):
- Excellent writing/presentation skills.
- Clear and concise communication and the ability to work with and influence senior management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Highly professional at all times.
Commitment /Attitude to work:
- Plenty of initiative and excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Committed to delivering excellent levels of service at all times.
- Full UK driving license and access to own transport is required.