Graduate Audit Assistant
|Job Title:||Graduate Audit Assistant|
|Salary:||16500 - 17500|
|Reference:||Derby Grad Audit|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 10:42|
About Smith Cooper:
We are a top-50, multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm with over 200 employees based in our 6 offices across the Midlands.
We bring together expertise, experience and market knowledge to ensure we exceed expectations and deliver tailored, cost-effective and innovative solutions. Whilst based in the Midlands, our reach extends much further than that, with many of our clients spanning the entire UK and internationally.
The ideal candidate will be based in our Derby office.
The Derby office is based in the Cathedral Quarter of the City and is a Grade I listed building situated on King Street.
We work with ambitious owner-managed businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same so we’re looking for someone who can adapt.
At Smith Cooper, our people are our most important asset and we can prove it! Our Managing Partner started at Smith Cooper as a graduate just 13 years ago, and all of our service lines encourage training, development and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment.
Role: Full time
Start date: September 2019
Smith Cooper’s ethos is to provide quality, pro-active advice to our clients and to be a fundamental part of their business’ success. If you have a similar outlook, then we’ll be a great fit and you’ll be sure of an enjoyable and fulfilling career with us.
Full study support will be provided to work towards the ACA or ACCA qualification.
Purpose of the role:
• You will work as part of our Audit team, carrying out audit testing and gaining an understanding of the fundamental principles of the audit process.
• You will be enthusiastic and possess excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
• Working across a broad range of clients, predominantly based in the city centre and the surrounding area.
• To represent Smith Cooper in a professional and efficient manner, dealing directly with client employees and management.
• Developing an understanding of the principles of double entry bookkeeping.
• Working in a team and with our clients to obtain audit evidence and ensure that information is received in sufficient time to prepare accounts and complete the audit.
• Understand the objectives of the work set and how it fits into the overall audit approach.
• Seek guidance, coaching and feedback and apply constructive feedback received to future work.
• Study towards the ACA/ACCA qualification an manage time effectively in order to study effectively for professional exams alongside work and other commitments.
• Attend stock takes.
• Assist the more senior members of the audit team including managers, directors and partners.
• Prioritising effectively to meet set deadlines and budgets.
• Able to carry out ad hoc assignments with assistance.
• Create a positive impression with clients and deal in a professional manner at all times.
• Use knowledge from previous assignments to recognise and understand recurring issues and themes.
• Have an awareness of Smith Cooper policies, procedures and ethical requirements.
• Understand the sensitivity of client information and the importance of confidentiality.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Strong interest in business.
• Team player with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Confident in a client facing role and working with people of all levels.
• Motivated to provide the highest quality service to clients.
• Strong IT skills –ability to use Word and Excel essential.
• Strong analytical and numerical skills.
• Requires full clean driving licence and own transport to travel to clients sites.
If you have a strong academic record including a 2:1 degree classification (or predicted if yet to graduate), accomplished communication and financial reasoning skills, a genuine interest in audit and an ability to think commercially; considering the wider organisations behind the numbers, we’d like to hear from you.
How to apply:
Please upload a copy of your CV, covering letter and a completed application form to our jobs portal.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's