Graduate Scheme - Audit Assistant
|Job Title:||Graduate Scheme - Audit Assistant|
|Reference:||Grad Audit 2019|
|Job Published:||December 03, 2018 14:53|
We are currently recruiting for our 2019 intake of graduate trainee accountants to join the expanding city centre offices of Smith Cooper Limited in Nottingham, Derby and Birmingham.
Smith Cooper’s ethos is to provide quality, pro-active advice to our clients and to be a fundamental part of their business’ success. If you have a similar outlook, then we’ll be a great fit and you’ll be sure of an enjoyable and fulfilling career with us.
Full study support will be provided to work towards the ACA or ACCA qualification.
Why Smith Cooper?
We’re a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 50, accountancy and business advisory firm based in 6 offices across the Midlands
- We work with ambitious owner-managed businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same so we’re looking for someone who can adapt
- Our staff are our most important asset and we can prove it! Our Managing Partner started at Smith Cooper as a graduate just 13 years ago, and all of our service lines encourage training, development and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment
Purpose of the role:
- You will work as part of a team, carrying out audit testing and gaining an understanding of the fundamental principles of the audit process.
- You will be enthusiastic and possess excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Working across a broad range of clients, predominantly based in the city centre and the surrounding area
- Working for a growing audit department
- To represent Smith Cooper in a professional and efficient manner, dealing directly with client staff and management
- Study towards the ACA qualification
- Developing an understanding of the principles of double entry bookkeeping
- Working in a team and with our clients to obtain audit evidence and ensure that information is received in sufficient time to prepare accounts and complete the audit
- Understand the objectives of the work set and how it fits into the overall audit approach
- Seek guidance, coaching and feedback and apply constructive feedback received to future work
- Manage time effectively in order to study effectively for professional exams alongside work and other commitments.
- Attend stock takes
- Assist the more senior members of the audit team including managers and Partners/Directors
- Prioritising effectively to meet set deadlines and budgets
- Able to carry out ad hoc assignments with assistance
- Create a positive impression with clients and deal in a professional manner at all times
- Use knowledge from previous assignments to recognise and understand recurring issues and themes
- Have an awareness of Smith Cooper policies, procedures and ethical requirements
- Understand the sensitivity of client information and the importance of confidentiality
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Strong interest in business
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident in a client facing role and working with people of all levels
- Motivated to provide the highest quality service to clients
- Strong IT skills –ability to use Word and Excel essential
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Requires full clean driving licence and own transport to travel to clients sites
If you have a strong academic record including a 2:1 degree classification (or predicted if yet to graduate), accomplished communication and financial reasoning skills, a genuine interest in audit and an ability to think commercially; considering the wider organisations behind the numbers, we’d like to hear from you.
How to apply:
Please upload a copy of your CV, covering letter and a completed application form to our jobs portal.
Closing date: 31st January 2019
Anticipated first interview: March 2019
Anticipated second interview: March/April 2019
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's