Graduate Scheme - Tax Executive
|Job Title:||Graduate Scheme - Tax Executive|
|Reference:||Grad Tax 2019|
|Job Published:||December 03, 2018 14:51|
We’re looking for a Graduate Tax Executive to join our award-winning specialist team.
If you’re someone who thrives on new challenges with each day providing something different, we’d love to hear from you.
Smith Cooper’s ethos is to provide quality, pro-active advice to our clients and to be a fundamental part of their business’ success. If you have a similar outlook, then we’ll be a great fit and you’ll be sure of an enjoyable and fulfilling career with us.
Why Smith Cooper?
We’re an Accountancy Age Top 50 firm and ICAEW’s Medium Accountancy Firm of the Year 2017.
- We work with ambitious owner-managed businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same so we’re looking for someone who can adapt
- Our staff are our most important asset and we can prove it! Our Managing Partner started at Smith Cooper as a graduate just 13 years ago, and all of our service lines encourage training, development and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment
Working within our specialist team, you will obtain first-hand experience across a wide range of taxes including compliance and advisory tax for both individuals and businesses, and employment tax.
Your role will include:
- Tax compliance and advisory work
- Working with specialists from all areas of tax and the wider Smith Cooper team
- Liaising with clients on day to day tax matters
- Working on a variety of clients and projects
Our aim is to provide you with constant support to help you achieve your potential. All of our Tax Executives will study towards ATT and CTA qualifications. We give our Executives all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience.
We’re looking for:
Our Executives are an instrumental part of the team and will have exposure to Partners within Smith Cooper, the wider team and clients. As such, we are looking for individuals who:
- Interpersonal skills
- Want to further their education through training for and gaining their tax exams
- Can think ‘out of the box’
- Like a challenge
- Are self-starters
In return, we offer:
- 25 days annual leave + statutory Bank Holidays
- Option to purchase an additional 5 days annual leave per year
- Smith Cooper Reward Scheme offering discounts and cash back on hundreds of websites and high street stores
- Cashback on Healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy etc
- Regular staff and social events and annual company wide away days
Closing date – 31st January 2019
1st interviews – March 2019
2nd interviews – March/April 2019
Start date – September 2019
To apply please upload a copy of your CV, a cover letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this position and a completed application form to our jobs portal here.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Tax Trainee - Manchester (ACA/CTA or ATT/CTA) - Graduate
Competitive + Paid Overtime
ATT-CTA Graduate Tax Assistant – Global Mobility (London) – Sept 2021
Tax Assistant (UK Corporate Tax team)
Competitive salary + full study support + benefits
Accounts and Tax Trainee
21000 - 26000