20000 - 30000
6 days ago
Accountancy offers a rewarding career with excellent salaries and huge potential for career progression.
At SWAT we recruit for a range of prestigious firms of Chartered Accountants based in London and the South East – meaning you’re not just applying to one firm, you’re applying to many.
Your route to the ICAEW (ACA) qualification
Our graduate programme provides you with the practical experience of working in a firm of accountants, whilst you study towards the ICAEW (ACA) Chartered Accountant qualification.
The firms we recruit for range from 4-19 partners in size, meaning there is huge scope for you to progress within the firm. What’s more, there are huge advantages of working with a medium-sized firm; you’ll gain exposure from working with a wide variety of clients, enjoy real responsibility from an early stage and have opportunities to work closely with the firm’s partners. Indeed, many of our trainees have gone on to become senior managers and partners themselves.
Salaries are competitive, with salary increases based on exam and work performances. Add to this a study support package, combined with the opportunities and varied lifestyle that working in and around London has to offer, and it all adds up to a very rewarding opportunity.
The benefits of training with a medium-size firm
A major benefit of working in a medium sized firm (compared with a much larger firm) is the depth and variety of assignments you will be involved with. You will have exposure to a wide range of assignments with clients of all sizes in various industry sectors.
In larger firms, trainees often spend much of their training confined to audit work because of the sheer scale of audit work. Audit work is just one small aspect of an assignment. In a medium size firm, you can benefit from having exposure to many different areas of client work, such as accountancy and tax, as well as gaining client relationship skills.
In addition, you’ll tend to work with far more clients in a medium size firm (giving you a broad ranging experience) because the time spent at each client tends to be far less than that of a larger firm.
With a medium size firm, you’ll also benefit from involvement from the firm’s partners, who will take a direct interest in your development and support you through your training.
What we expect from you
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take responsibility
- Self-confidence and the ability to use your own initiative
- An adaptable and sociable personality with the knack of communicating well with people at all levels to earn credibility with colleagues and clients (both orally and in writing)
- The ability to get along and work with others as part of a team
- High ethical standards and honesty
- Leadership and management potential
- A professional manner and appearance
- Good IT skills
Of course, some of these are skills which can be improved over time, but the right pre-requisite characteristics must be present.
Minimum entry requirements
You don’t need a degree in accountancy or any accountancy experience. We will provide you with all the training and exams necessary to qualify as a Chartered Accountant with the ICAEW. All we ask is that you hold the following:
- 2:2 degree or above in ANY subject.
- A minimum of 300 UCAS points (old UCAS tariff) or 120 UCAS points (new UCAS tariff) or equivalents, from your top three grades (first attempts only). AS levels and General Studies are not accepted.
- GCSE English Language, grade C or above.
- GCSE Maths, grade B or above.
So if you have all this, apply today and let us help you develop a successful career in accountancy!
How to apply
Visit www.swat.co.uk/recruitment to find out more and apply online.